BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Bit Rich

We had a member here who just sold his Dinan S3 car...it was an 03 w/under 25k on the odo..and he did not get near that number...maybe
Rob would like to chime in here??:confused:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Wow. So he spent all that money 5 years ago and only put about 2K miles on the car since then? Seems a shame. Maybe he didn't like it. Or he's just afraid of it...

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
Check out this article.

Cost is about $70K for the S3 supercharged package from Dinan:
I did not see the current mileage, only that the conversion was done in 2006 at 16k miles. What something cost 5 years ago has very little relation to what it is worth today; at least IMHO.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Well, you know what they say about market price...in the end, market price is what someone pays for the car!

It is true that S3s and the like have not done too well in the current economy, like many luxury items. For example, Sergio above references that Fast5's one-owner S3 with 15K miles went for around $50K to PilotMike (actually, haven't seen him post much about it, but I think it was him). The price started out in the $70K range. Now, there were two mitigating circumstances: 1) the car had been in an accident (by reports not major - minor cosmetic damage, expertly repaired) and 2) Fast5 ultimately needed to sell it quickly to raise cash for a family member with medical problems.

There cannot be many 1-owner S3s left with < 20K miles. If this seller does not need to sell (seems like this is the case) and is willing to wait as the economy picks up speed for that one person who *must* have the car, he might just get what he wants (or close to it!).

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
For 75k i see allot more options to buy something else

·
Registered
962 Posts
with no front strut bar? wonder what else it's missing?

·
Registered
310 Posts
S3

Hi Guys,
I bought Fast5's because I viewed it as an incredible deal.

But, I couldnt have paid $75k for that car. Who the heck has $75k in cash laying around?
Financing is an option with some of the collector car financing guys. But in my mind, if I was going to pay that kind of money, I would have bought something new with a warranty. I was considering a CTS-V.

I just turned in my leased 2008 E60 SMG yesterday. I was never in love with my E60, like I was with my 2 previous E39's.
I am going to miss the comfort access, the HUD display and the Ipod integration, but 621hp and 500+lbs of torque makes those feelings go away :).

This car is so fun to drive, I have already put 3,000 miles on this gas sucker. Averaging 12.5 mpg, so very similar to the E60.

I hope it continues to be a hassle free car....

·
Registered
310 Posts
More

In his ad he says "Dinan in Walnut Hills California" I am assuming he means Morgan Hill Ca.

Thats the other issue that convinced me to buy #18 because I live 30 miles from them.
If a California buyer buys that car, there may be an issue with emissions.
PM me for more info on that.
Yes I noticed no strut bar either. I would want to see lots more pics.

·
Registered
931 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts