BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was reading about what gear was stashed in Kalbas' car (awesome, btw), and I cannot find the thread...

Anybody have it handy, or can Kalbas comment?

Thanks
Jason :7:

·
Registered
103 Posts
jasonb said:
Guys, I was reading about what gear was stashed in Kalbas' car (awesome, btw), and I cannot find the thread...

Anybody have it handy, or can Kalbas comment?

Thanks
Jason :7:
There u r:

Have fun
KALBAS

By the way, something i found somewhere else;

Remy's Mercedes CLK DTM is one step away from a Death Star, with more electronics in it than Dixons and none of it for show. He's got a rear view camera piped through to an LCD screen on the dash, to save using the mirrors. It has an onboard PC with broadband internet access, which he uses to get new tunes when he's bored of his CDs, and it did have a CB but he ripped the aerial off because the extra drag was costing him 4mph off the top end (around 195mph). Like lots of the Gumballers he has a videocamera bolted to the dash, but I doubt many of them went to the trouble of getting an image stabilisation mounting for it. And although he has so many radar detectors, reflectors and scramblers that when he pulls into motorway services the toilets stop automatically flushing, and he also has a pair of binoculars for the passenger to spot cops with. It may seem ridiculous but at 180 mph he covers a mile every 20 seconds!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i thought i read somewhere the car had a hard drive in the boot? were all the cams and lcd's running from/through a pc in the boot?

and is the internet connection GPRS via a cell phone?

would love some more info ... :noSMG:

·
Registered
103 Posts
stef25 said:
i thought i read somewhere the car had a hard drive in the boot? were all the cams and lcd's running from/through a pc in the boot?

and is the internet connection GPRS via a cell phone?

would love some more info ... :noSMG:
Hi,
We had a pc in the boot called Wagg'on PC. Not so stable!

We had 3 cams w/ their own tapes + one handy to fool around. We also had 1 DV recorder to hook the cameras but haven't used it.

We had 3 Moto V3, 1 samsung D500, 1 Nokia installed in the car + GPRSed Wagg'on PC + GPRSed Sony PC

Copilot Live GPS/NAV + Merc OEM GPS/NAV + Road Angel GPS + Navigator Sofrware in both PCs for GPS/NAV

Hope it answers your questions.

Regards.

KALBAS

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kalbas said:
Hi,
We had a pc in the boot called Wagg'on PC. Not so stable!

We had 3 cams w/ their own tapes + one handy to fool around. We also had 1 DV recorder to hook the cameras but haven't used it.

We had 3 Moto V3, 1 samsung D500, 1 Nokia installed in the car + GPRSed Wagg'on PC + GPRSed Sony PC

Copilot Live GPS/NAV + Merc OEM GPS/NAV + Road Angel GPS + Navigator Sofrware in both PCs for GPS/NAV

Hope it answers your questions.

Regards.

KALBAS
I assume that you had an extra power supply or something to hook up all that stuff? Quite amazing, where you able to use the GPRS in a stable way? I mean connection and speed throughout the different countries?
watching broadband video streams in a car must be nice :noSMG:

Regards,Matt

·
Banned
233 Posts
Just remember, Kalbas's merc is just a souped up Monaco taxi (it even had a Peugot 807 as support car)! We never did find out the final meter reading hiha, though I did see it reading EUR 2,400 as it screamed past me on the way to Roma! One seriously fast car and a great crew in it=one of the best Gumball teams!

Car72

·
Registered
103 Posts
BalkanExpress said:
Just remember, Kalbas's merc is just a souped up Monaco taxi (it even had a Peugot 807 as support car)! We never did find out the final meter reading hiha, though I did see it reading EUR 2,400 as it screamed past me on the way to Roma! One seriously fast car and a great crew in it=one of the best Gumball teams!

Car72
Thanks your Royal Scottish Highness, you too along with Mussy were a superb team! We had a great time! Don't forget to renew your UN id Card!

Very best regards.

KALBAS :cheers:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gustav said:
Wow, that is an incredible equipment. I assume that GPRS (or GPRS roaming)don't work in all countries.
Not all countries, but more and more everytime I travel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts