BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
One up, low fuel, wind in the back, on a cold day, i think it is ! Never driven BT though, but a friend who owned one claimed he did the same.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Seems to be indicating close to 320km/h - 200mph - no way a standard B10 Bi-turbo could do that kind of speed - even the B5 would be pushing VMax there - more likely the speedo is reading 5% over...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know somebody who owns an E28 Alpina B7 turbo.
He has stuck the tacho at 300 km/h in Germany autobahn, and the car was still accelerating a bit.
But bmw tacho are known to be very imprecise at high speed, as i know people who have e30 325i, that display more than 240 km/h for max speed (218 km/h in reality)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hythe said:
Seems to be indicating close to 320km/h - 200mph - no way a standard B10 Bi-turbo could do that kind of speed - even the B5 would be pushing VMax there - more likely the speedo is reading 5% over...
I'v seen pics. between 315/320 which are for real,but this looks more like 335/340.

·
Registered
60 Posts
hythe said:
That's more like 330. 320 on the speedo is a std BiTurbo capable of. I've done but i don't like to put out the camera in that speed...

Cheers,
Stephan

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Actually I know the a answer. It is not real, it is fake. I know since I made it. It is taken from my old site before bmwm5.com. It was started in 1996 and I wrote the article.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Gustav said:
Actually I know the a answer. It is not real, it is fake. I know since I made it. It is taken from my old site before bmwm5.com. It was started in 1996 and I wrote the article.
:hihi: :nono:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Gustav could you post the story?

Sounds very interesting :)

adam

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Well, I made the picture in Photoshop I think. No more to that story :) The PDF document is a "printout" (or screenshot" from my old site.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Ah i see ;)

a

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
Stephan said:
That's more like 330. 320 on the speedo is a std BiTurbo capable of. I've done but i don't like to put out the camera in that speed...

Cheers,
Stephan

I chickened out at app 315 kph :crying: , it was more to come but since I was in a slight curve I did not have the balls to continue.......

I guess reall speed was somewhere north of 290 kph, it sure was fast....

·
Registered
620 Posts
Cor-Jan, I also had something between 315 and 320 on the odometer...on the BC I had 294km/h......I think that is enough for the old BT :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Erik said:
I chickened out at app 315 kph :crying: , it was more to come but since I was in a slight curve I did not have the balls to continue.......

I guess reall speed was somewhere north of 290 kph, it sure was fast....
I'm going to try it next spring when my B10 is finished from restoration... :wroom:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is it true that if you hold down either an OBC botton or something on the tach with certain e34's you can make the neddles's jump around and take a picture that would appear to be taken at a high speed? Sometime it would show low temp and know fuel 5000RPMs, but doing a rediculous velocity.

Can't remember where I first herd this but, I do remember something of the sort.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
quite a few people havz had 322 kmh, i have done it several times on a flat road, it will come up on the obc max speed 322kmh but have never had the chance to see if theres anything left, theres also a picture floating around somewhere of a guy doing 322 kmh round a bend at night on the autobahn im sure it was on this site somewhere. ps everything is possible nothing is impossible SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO :M5launch:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
m5 killer said:
quite a few people havz had 322 kmh, i have done it several times on a flat road, it will come up on the obc max speed 322kmh but have never had the chance to see if theres anything left, theres also a picture floating around somewhere of a guy doing 322 kmh round a bend at night on the autobahn im sure it was on this site somewhere. ps everything is possible nothing is impossible SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO :M5launch:
but where is the needle then if you have 322km on the bc? Dirk had 294 with the needle between 315/320.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
thats exactly what mine did and thats the picture :noSMG:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts