BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently put a brand new stock motor on my 06 (don't ask me why), currently just finished it's 1200 mile oil change.

However, I've noticed that this engine is running little hotter than my old previous engine; on cold winter days and easy driving, the oil temp will be hitting 210F, and on warm day like today we're having, the needle past the 210F mark. I'm wondering if this is normal operating temps, or if it's something I should get checked out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have recently put a brand new stock motor on my 06 (don't ask me why), currently just finished it's 1200 mile oil change.

However, I've noticed that this engine is running little hotter than my old previous engine; on cold winter days and easy driving, the oil temp will be hitting 210F, and on warm day like today we're having, the needle past the 210F mark. I'm wondering if this is normal operating temps, or if it's something I should get checked out.

My oil temp was nearly identical last august. I posted an identical pic asking the same question :)

Everyone that replied said it's normal.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah, you're fine. It's 83 degrees outside, so as long as your needle stays below the half-way point of 210 the white dot 250, there is no reason for concern.

idk if this works on our cars, but emergency heat release/engine cooling is to open your window, and blast heat out of your vents to outside. it works on the m3. you can physically watch the needle move to a cooler temp. same w/ water temp. :wroom:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My car's always been right around the 210F mark when warmed up.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
You're good to go. I am more interested in why you got a new engine. Care to elaborate? Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts