BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an '03 with 38K 'highway' miles. Asking mid 50's. Car is CPO'ed and still has original warranty, so I'm covered.
But, how do these cars hold up as the milage increases?

·
Registered
767 Posts
bayerischemotor said:
Just fine. Some board members have 200.000km. Why should the car not hold? Old Volvos could go for a million kilometers.
I wish I could say the same, but must now admit that you shouldn't buy a BMW for reliability. At 15K miles I already have a list of 4 failed items that cost a lot to fix. Expect to pay a lot for repairs and servicing for the M5.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have an 03 with over 55K Kms on it. No problems at all. When I commute during non-winter months, I typically put on 1K/week. I plan to take this baby up to 1 million.

Besides, you have warranty, and can get extended warranty if you like. No worries mate.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I've got 45k miles on my M. The only drivetrain problem I've had is a worn clutch. Expect to replace it ~50Kmiles...and it's not covered under warranty. Othewise, I've had no drivetrain issues at all.Lot's of other minor stuff though...all covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Philip said:
I wish I could say the same, but must now admit that you shouldn't buy a BMW for reliability. At 15K miles I already have a list of 4 failed items that cost a lot to fix. Expect to pay a lot for repairs and servicing for the M5.

If you only done 15k with it, then your problems are related to "new-car" faults. The M5 had a lot of "baby-diseases".

These are for the most part over once you change the part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts