BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some info please,:1zhelp:
I just installed a set of older european high beams with H1 bulbs, (yep..I'm a yank), and I need an adapter to plug my existing wiring into the receptacle of the european bucket. Does one exist? If not, where can I find a new wiring end to splice on to my harness to plug the beams up.:confused2
Thanks....Murray

·
Registered
301 Posts
you can wire it up like a euro, and buy all the right connectors by using www.realoem.com

Just takes patience going through the wiring.

select a 1994 3.8L M5 and look at some part numbers. You can order the connectors from the dealer or BMAParts.com

Hope this helps.

-Russ

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Russ,
Went to the dealer today and was able to purchase some pigtails for the Euro high beams. Used some enginuity and parts on hand to connect to the existing plug...everything works correctly now and I didn't have to cut or splice....so I can go back original if I so desire. Thanks for the reply.
Murray

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Russ,
Went to the dealer today and was able to purchase some pigtails for the Euro high beams. Used some enginuity and parts on hand to connect to the existing plug...everything works correctly now and I didn't have to cut or splice....so I can go back original if I so desire. Thanks for the reply.
Murray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts