BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007, E64, M6, 60,090 miles. I am getting High Battery Discharge when I start my car. My question is does anyone else think it is related to the 9D12 DWA alarm module and its battery being dead. Error codes below. These are the only 3 error that keep coming back, I don't get any warning lights, just high battery discharge. My car has a new battery and its also on a BMW trickle charger. Let me know your thoughts

Engine / Motor
Fault Code: 00279D
Fault Explanation: Power management battery quiescent current injury
Phone / Telefon
Fault Code: 00A37C
Fault Explanation: :Error in telematics Sim / error with the
telematics SIM card. / TCU: Error main phone antenna (ANTENNA
ERROR TCU MAIN) / Error in telematics Sim (Error TELEMATICS SIM)
Interior protection / Innenraumschutz
Fault Code: 009D12
Fault Explanation: :Error in the internal battery

bmwfaults2.jpg

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You have ista so you can query what the current is when the car has gone full sleep. Read here:

Was the battery registered when replaced? Do you connect the charger to the engine bay terminals or direct to battery?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link flacoramos!!

I did not register the battery because it was a Like for Like swap of battery's. I will register the battery.

I use the engine bay terminals because everything I have read online said only to use the engine bay terminals for any type of charging.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Not registering a new battery can damage the new battery (overcharging). Engine bay terminals are correct. So even with the trickle charger connected at all times you get the excessive discharge message? Post a pic of the ista screen showing last 32 cycles.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I registered the battery last night after you said to register. I got the same 3 error messages when I started the car this afternoon. I still get the message even if its on the trickle charger. I cleared the 32 cycles after I got the screen shots, so I will see what tonight brings. Thanks again for your help flacoramos

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
That shows something is drawing current when it shouldn't. Do you have any aftermarket parts on the car? Anything connected to the OBD port? You will need to figure out what's drawing current.

Just as a test what happens if you don't connect the trickle charger? Battery dies within a few days?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is stock other than cosmetic changes(black badging, red start button), nothing is in the OBD port. my driver power seat stopped working, I wondering if something there is drawing power. I will have to start pulling fuses and keep track to chase it down. thanks again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Shouldn't the charge keep it topped up and then not receive the message?

I get the message aswell and it was my aftermarket immobiliser which I had checked out but the garage told me it was nothing to worry about as the draw was low. Car still starts fine though, even left for 2.5 weeks the last time I started it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Disconnecting the Trickle changer did not make a difference.

I went back to my notes, as this has been an intermittent issue for about a year. The power seat adjustments have stopped working on the drivers seat, and when I pull fuse 14 from the glove box, I don't get the high battery discharge anymore. Fuse 14 is for the power seats from the picture on the Fuse card layout. My guess is its an electric motor or module for the drivers seat is draining the power. I have disconnected 2 of the 3 motors under the drivers seat that I can reach or see, and I still get the error. Only when I pull fuse 14 does it go away. Now I just have to figure out how to take the drivers seat out when its mostly pushed all the way back and I cant get to the seat bolts. I will have to search the forum for this one.

The trickle changer does keep the battery topped off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts