BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Managed to get some good pics of the new lighting setup..

pics taken by my friend (peppernick) whose got alot of photography skill :byebye:

some of mine own pics... ouich

cheers
tin

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
Now yours looks like mine at night...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great setup.

Still a newbie in the M5 world...what's CCFL ??

Tin said:
Managed to get some good pics of the new lighting setup..

pics taken by my friend (peppernick) whose got alot of photography skill :byebye:

some of mine own pics... ouich

cheers
tin

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts
I think CCFL is what he used in his angel eye rings. LEDs?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks jason! :D

CCFL=cold cathode fluorescent light, its a replacement for the old yellow angel eyes/halos'. they have a rating of 6000k, same as the hid fogs in the pic.

Still have my oem xenon mainbeam lights running at 4300k, which look slightly yellow compared to the others.. will be getting some 6000k bulbs soon, to complete the full 6000k frontend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice, how much was that setup(ccfl). What bulb are you using for the halogen light?

I wish the US spec had the clear corners!

Tin said:
thanks jason! :D

CCFL=cold cathode fluorescent light, its a replacement for the old yellow angel eyes/halos'. they have a rating of 6000k, same as the hid fogs in the pic.

Still have my oem xenon mainbeam lights running at 4300k, which look slightly yellow compared to the others.. will be getting some 6000k bulbs soon, to complete the full 6000k frontend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
can you tell me where to get a xenon setup like this....it looks fantastic! i just want to stay away from the cheapo xenon ballasts/setups out there.

Thanks,

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swingkat420 said:
Nice, how much was that setup(ccfl). What bulb are you using for the halogen light?

I wish the US spec had the clear corners!
the ccfl lights themselves are £70, but then its quite abit of work to fit.

Beamer_usa said:
Looks great
thanks dude!

tampa_M5 said:
can you tell me where to get a xenon setup like this....it looks fantastic! i just want to stay away from the cheapo xenon ballasts/setups out there.

Thanks,

Jonathan
the xenon fogs were from Bimmian,however BeastPower sells them too.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Splendid stuff Tin - hope to see your car again soon with the complete 6k setup :byebye:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts