BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my M5 a couple months back, and am second in line at my dealer expecting mid-November delivery. Had a question for other Canadian buyers of the E60 M5. Was anyone able to buy the M-multifunctional seats alone, I had to buy them as part of a package, (Executive package, $6500 Cdn). This package includes, the seats, park distance control, comfort access, rear heated seats, and sunscreens. I already have ordered the Executive package, as well as full leather, and the HUD which is an option here and not standard. The final total with taxes and fees and stuff came to $148,000.00 Cdn.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hi Vinid, I am in the same situation as you, ex package only to get the M seats,

welcome!

·
Registered
283 Posts
welcome aboard!

I think (depending on the dealership and salesperson) you might be able to order option code 4MA individually, then paying the $400 special order charge after that (ZSP).
4MA is the seat code by itslef, the price of it based at wholesale cost of the seat. Although you 'might' find yourself paying $2500 for a seat package, makes the executive package look more appealing.

cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey desault which dealership are you dealing with, i'm at auto jalbert in pointe-claire. My salesman is great, but maybe not the most informed on the all the options. If it would cost 2500-3000$ for the seats alone, then 6500$ for the exec package isn't too bad considering that the park distance control alone is 1200$. I also like the comfort access option, I would have thought something like should have been standard equipment on something like an M5.

Does anyone know the quality of the sound system that comes standard in the M5, I like a good stereo but I don't think I'd be willing to put in an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am in the north shore, Laurentians, my dealer is BMW Laval. What color in and out did you ordered?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
desualt said:
I am in the north shore, Laurentians, my dealer is BMW Laval. What color in and out did you ordered?
I'm getting it in silver grey exterior, with black full leather and aluminum trim, how about you?

·
Registered
703 Posts
vinid_1 said:
I'm getting it in silver grey exterior, with black full leather and aluminum trim, how about you?
good choice, been battling in my mind for a while about this but stopped on Interlagos blue, black and alu trims.
I should call my salesman soon to see if it as changed from status 112 to 150, I hope so

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
desualt said:
good choice, been battling in my mind for a while about this but stopped on Interlagos blue, black and alu trims.
I should call my salesman soon to see if it as changed from status 112 to 150, I hope so
I was debating between interlagos blue or silver grey, but personally i thought i might get tired of the blue after a year or 2, also i like the fact that with the grey the car is more subtle. My salesman told me that my cars build will start around oct 15.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
adelaide said:
$148,000????? We are getting hosed in Canada.
That is in canadian dollars, both sales taxes, transport and prep fee tire tax, admin. fee and i've added 11,500$ in options, the taxes alone are 19,000$. The car itself is 115,500.00$.

·
Registered
703 Posts
these numbers are acurate

·
Registered
13 Posts
i'm a new member too.

10th on the list at BMW Laval and was planing to receive it in April.

Still haven't decided whether to get Silver Grey or Saphire Black.

I'm leaning towards Balck but i haven't seen either in person.

·
Registered
283 Posts
adelaide said:
$148,000????? We are getting hosed in Canada.
Exactly, like vinid has said, we're not getting hosed at all.

115k MSRP is a very pleasant surprise. I was expecting closer to 125k MSRP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts