BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are a BMWCCA member and receive Roundel Magazine, you can see some of your fellow M5board members in the latest issue. Check out page 7.
That's FAST5 (Robert Cumaoglu) on the left and me on the right, holding up the Dinan banner. And further down, our own Alex Beric is checking out what's under the hood. :)

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Attn: Gustav....

If you recall, I sent you my completed article/writeup on the ///M Day Gathering. You'll see that the actual printed storyline is different than what I submitted to Roundel. According to the magazine's editor, my story was too long, so they chopped it up and condensed the story to be a little over the 300 word limit. My original story was approx. 900 words, which made the editor freak out! I had zero say or control over what they removed from my original story version and which pictures Roundel decided to insert with the article. I sent them 8 various photos to choose from, and they decided to pick the two printed pictures. Go figure. None the less, it is a good story, despite being edited/shortened. :M5thumbs:
PS A SPECIAL Thank You to "Satch" of the ROUNDEL magazine. He's a great guy to deal with!

·
10,455 Posts
I saw that in there too, was hoping for more of a feature, but oh well... Wasn't there supposed to be an "m5 board banner"?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mottati said:
I saw that in there too, was hoping for more of a feature, but oh well... Wasn't there supposed to be an "m5 board banner"?
We did have an M5board.com banner that we held up and photos were taken of it. But I guess Satch Carlson decided to only use the Dinan and underhood shots. That's too bad. But I'm sure we can get another opportunity to plug the M5 board. If Gustav makes another trip the US, we can have a repeat of our big group lunch at Panevino and put together another write-up. This time, we'll submit fewer photos! ;-)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
BWAAHHHHH....

Thats what you look like robert? After all these years, I finally see the man behind the screen name. HA HA HA HA...I always pegged you as a middle aged, slightly grey haired, with a mini-keg beer gut. Andre threw me off a little bit too...

****, i was way off.....

This is my favorite part of the board, putting faces with the names and attitudes that you see in and out every day.

Good to see you in the flesh man....you too Dave Z!

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Nice article but I cant beleive how they could not mention m5board.com at all. :confused2

After all it is thanks to M5baord.com the members showed up. Does anybody understand why they are not mentioning m5board.com or the community at all?

I am a bit dissappointed at that since it is a fact that the whole gathering was featyured alot on the site. Robert, any comments?

I guess Dinan is a sponsor tp Roundel and m5board.com is not, or am I misinterpreting things? :confused2

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Gustav's on a warpath - watch out :viking:

·
10,455 Posts
This is how i had pictured fast5 too, must have been the Jersey bada-bing thing... We just imagined the typical goomba! :hihi:
Mike

SC'dKellenersM5 said:
BWAAHHHHH....

Thats what you look like robert? After all these years, I finally see the man behind the screen name. HA HA HA HA...I always pegged you as a middle aged, slightly grey haired, with a mini-keg beer gut. Andre threw me off a little bit too...

****, i was way off.....

This is my favorite part of the board, putting faces with the names and attitudes that you see in and out every day.

·
10,455 Posts
Gustav said:
I guess Dinan is a sponsor tp Roundel and m5board.com is not, or am I misinterpreting things? :confused2

You've got it Gustav, dinan is a roundel advertiser...
Mike

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Gustav said:
That's probably what it is.. a shame. It looked like a nice gathering!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Robert:

Congrats on gettin' some ink in Roundel. I will be up the next time you have a meet. Shame they had to limit you to 300 words. :byebye:

Eric

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
BWAAHHHHH....

****, i was way off.....

Dude......... you always find a way to make me bust out laughing! LOL.............. hiha
Okay...... so based on your "imagination" you pegged me as a middle aged salt & pepper old beer gutted guy, right? So now that you've actually seen my photo, what's the description like??? Lets have it Robbster!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts