BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Hey I have 2 copies of v26 ready to go....

Any meaningful upgrades for users with the cd-rom based navigation systems? Thanks.

/Rich

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts

Nope....v26 does nothing for anyone with older nav systems. Only works with those with the newer Mark IV DVD based systems.

I loved this upgrade! Really makes the whole system light years ahead!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

It is a great upgrade. I too, passed my software on to another board member. Everyone with a MK IV Nav need to install V26.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
531 Posts

I'd like a copy. :D Sending PM.

·
Banned
453 Posts

I have an '02 Beast. Does anyone have an Idea if the Nav is CD or DVD. I don't see the words DVD on it.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts

DVD was released in '03.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts

Mine is an '01 and came with the CD based system. I upgraded mine to the DVD (Mark IV) and you could do the same too. :D

·
Banned
453 Posts

I guess the ?? is how and how much? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mk4 DVD only, won't work with earlier systems.............hmmm

·
10,458 Posts

adam28 said:
check the group buy forum for the prices. I paid $1100 for a mk4 dvd nav drive from my dealer a couple of years ago. If it's worth it or not is up to you of course, if you use the nav often, or would like sirius sat radio, i think it's a good move.
Mike

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts

adam28 said:
I paid about $650 from bmwnav.com (Martin) but I'm not sure if he's still setting these anymore. I sold my CD based nav for about $300 so total cost was about $350 for me. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade. The DVD system is SO much faster and has a bunch of useful features too. And now the map interface upgrade makes it twice as good!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Martin's not in that business anymore, nor is my connection. Last prices were 1600 combined, shipped + s/w, and everyone whined to me about the price being too high. During my NAV GB, 25 guys wanted it and maybe 5 bought it, alas no more NAVs. Price went through the roof about the same time. Too bad.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,318 Posts

That's too bad....I don't even know how Martin managed to sell these units for the bargain low price of $650 back then! He even included a DVD nav disc too! Looks like I jumped on that deal at the right time.

·
10,458 Posts

atomic80 said:
That's too bad....I don't even know how Martin managed to sell these units for the bargain low price of $650 back then! He even included a DVD nav disc too! Looks like I jumped on that deal at the right time.
Yeah, i bought my widescreen monitor from martin as well for something like $750. There were some scratches on the case (back side) which looked like it was installed and removed. I had wondered if he was picking up 'used' monitors and perhaps refurb-ing them, or if they came from wrecks etc.
At any rate, great price, and it's still working some 18mos down the road.
Mike

·
Registered
531 Posts
ALEV8 said:
Whoever wants them, free. Media mail shipping is a whopping $.70!!!!!:1:
Thanks!!:thumbsup:
CD came Tuesday, and I installed it last night. Worked like a charm, and I was playing with it today on my way to work!!

If anyone else is looking for a copy I'd be happy to send you this one. It really does look 10x better!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I upgraded mine last weekend, but haven't driven the Beast since then (yeah, feeling the separation anxiety:) ), so I haven't had a chance to play with it much. What are the main upgrades - so far I've seen better graphics (perhaps a little faster too), different icons for final destination (checkered flag) and a few other minor things.

Are there any major changes? Going on a long road trip this weekend, so psyched about trying it.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

atomic80 said:
I thought it was interesting that there was a person accursed of stealing NAV units from BMW in South Carolina, and selling them online cheap.

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000633058196/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts