BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not a bad simulation.... Wonder why he went through all the expense to end up with something much less than the real thing? Crazy............

·
Registered
612 Posts
ray540inyc said:
Boy, where do we start! I am reminded of the thread a few weeks ago about people putting M5 emblems on non-M5 cars. But this goes way beyond that - with the four pipe exhaust, the M wheels, etc. Wow! Somebody spent a lot of money to dress up this 6 cylinder to look like a Beast.

The funny thing is that when the guy in his Rice rocket, burns this guy, he will brag that he beat an M5 - not knowing what he actually beat!!

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
BMWGUY said:
Not a bad simulation.... Wonder why he went through all the expense to end up with something much less than the real thing? Crazy............
I agree, he did a nice job considering what he is doing. But a 530 with auto is not going to be particularly quick, it won't take much too smoke it.....maybe that will lure some other racers into running a real M5 and then all will be right with the world!!! cherrsagai
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
992 Posts
The engine looks wrong...ouich

Rearview mirror is wrong...ouich

Gauges are wrong...ouich

M5 doesn't have tiptronic...ouich

Geez...you'd think the guy would have done a better job than this! :) :confused3

Hee hee...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for posting that, I always enjoy seeing the lengths that people will go to just to fool a few (perhaps many?) of the unwary observers out there. I see more "M" hardware on the 3 series cars around Houston that aren't quite the real deal. (Older series, of course).

At the end of the day, all the fooling and posing seem to stop when I rev the engine at a stoplight...a sheepish grin usually comes over the driver's face.

:7:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
What's with the brakes? They look like dummy crossdrilled, as IIRC you need the holes to go through the entire rotor before they are usefull.
What a tool, as who spends that kind of money on a salvage wanna be M5? Pony up another 10k and you have a real beast with a clear title.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
interior, outside trim is wrong color, wheels/tires are 19" not 18" engine is wrong, inside mirror is wrong, guages are wrong, sill plates are wrong, no Sport or PDC controls, tranmission is wrong with the associated pedals, center armrest compartment door opens the opposite direction....what else?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I just want to know where he got the replica M5 wheels in 19"...I looked at the tire and they are acually 19"'s...They dont look half bad.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Jayson said:
I just want to know where he got the replica M5 wheels in 19"...I looked at the tire and they are acually 19"'s...They dont look half bad.
www.wheelexchange.com

1 - 20 of 27 Posts