1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Call Eric Bateman at 408-779-8584, extension 105 to learn more about the most sophisticated and powerful E39 M5 on the streets.

good for them, but i think they need to be careful of what they write..in addition if thats not wheel Hp, bryan's car has got them beat already.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...if thats a rocket, abdulla and I are the Saturn V.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
very nice, any offical price realese? I'm thinking 70ish if the s2 stuff is required.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Some guys thought this project wouldn't ever get off the drawing table but I kept telling you guys, wait a few months and....... walla! Here it is! The bottom line with the S3 package, if you want it, you'll have to have your car shipped off to Dinan's CA location to have the package installed. It can only be done there. Last, this setup will blow away the E60 M5 sedan, performance & looks! haahhh.................. hiha
Robert :viking:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have to admit i have been waiting for this modification to finally arrive. Awesome. Now since I already have the main componant of their S3.. i.e. the Vorteq vs2 blower all I need is a bracket template form then and I have a S3 at the 2K it cost me to buy the blower instead of whatever 7K plus prive Dinan has.... Sweet. Well on my way...!

War

·
10,455 Posts
I doubt dinan will sell bracket templates or misc parts for a s/c install. There are some parts on the 'for sale' page from rennsport, however.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Call Eric Bateman at 408-779-8584, extension 105 to learn more about the most sophisticated and powerful E39 M5 on the streets.

good for them, but i think they need to be careful of what they write..in addition if thats not wheel Hp, bryan's car has got them beat already.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...if thats a rocket, abdulla and I are the Saturn V.
Good one Rob. They only said that to get everyone going but the truth is out there :M5launch:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Funny how they state on the site the most powerful M5. hehe, someone doesnt know everything that is in the works.
Glad to see the kit is finally out. If they warranty it, I'm sure it will appeal to a lot of people. The more high HP FI kits are out there, the better.
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
If they warranty it, it would be through Dinan and not BMW. I had Dinan suspension, short shifter, k&n filters and SS mufflers and my dealer told me warranty out the window

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yep, shadowman and others have more power kits available, but the good thing is that another company has started to offer a s/c package, hopefully a couple more and we'll have a whole new era of Beast modifying! :thumbsup:

Still no tuning companies in europe offering anything close :sad2: you folks are lucky! all these wonderful tuning companies right here (pretty much) on ya doorstep! ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tin said:
Yep, shadowman and others have more power kits available, but the good thing is that another company has started to offer a s/c package, hopefully a couple more and we'll have a whole new era of Beast modifying! :thumbsup:

Still no tuning companies in europe offering anything close :sad2: you folks are lucky! all these wonderful tuning companies right here (pretty much) on ya doorstep! ;)
Take a look at http://www.esstuning.com. They are developing good
systems, and probably cheaper (?) than Dinan. Looking forward to see their final product in May!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Tin......i guess the only question for you is "When"

hehehe, come on mate, us brits need to keep up with our foreign friends....

Splash out!!! :crying:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
lol.. I'm not sure just yet, would love to get 600horses.. looking at every possible angle on this :haha:

got the brakes,exhaust,cams(if needed),clutch alldone already...

at least we have the steering wheel on the proper side :hihi:

·
Registered
947 Posts
wonder what the cost from a standard car to the S3 would be. Must be circa US$ 30k i would have thought?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tin said:

systems, and probably cheaper (?) than Dinan. Looking forward to see their final product in May!!!

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
wonder what the cost from a standard car to the S3 would be. Must be circa US$ 30k i would have thought?
It will be interesting to see. The early rumors that the S3 would only be available if you first had the S2 mods. If so, double your estimate!!! cherrsagai
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
kjell said:
thanks dude, have already contacted them! see what they say come May time! :D

Seems alittle strange you will need to have the S2 mods to be able to go to the S3, as the induction kits will need to go for a start (and they ain't cheap!)

B

·
0 Posts
Tin said:
...you folks are lucky! all these wonderful tuning companies right here (pretty much) on ya doorstep! ;)
The distance from the London to New York is "approximately" the same as from New York to Dinan. You could ship your car to Dinan for about $1,400 (6 weeks in a ship). Also, Birds (UK) will likely be offering the S3 soon.

Cheers, Daniel.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts