BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I really wasn't ready to buy yet but this came up it has everything I want so I couldn't pass it by

2008 Used BMW 6 Series M6 at BMW of Murrieta Serving Temecula, Murrieta, CA, IID 12764222

I'm 85 miles from the dealer but we cut a deal over the phone and I will be going to collect it on Thursday/Friday.

According to the salesman its super clean, Its the only one I've seen in this price range that still has all of the rubberizing in good condition on the wheel!!

I have a powertrain and electronics warranty for 3 years and 30k miles so I should be good with it, the guy says its immaculate and that it has 3 owners but they were all the same guy, first on personal lease then finance then owned, he brought a new one and traded this one

also before you say it I'm having them remove the stick on extras from the hood! now I just need to see about getting some stock wheels.

anyway what do you think? i'm really excited for this week to be over ha ha

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wait...are they stick ons or the actual Vorsteiner vented hood?

If its the hood, I would keep it on there since it makes the car look much more aggressive + free $1800 upgrade.

Car looks good and rare to find face-lifted Alpine White M6 for that price. Btw the wheels are stock, just powdercoated unless you meant that you're turning them back into stock finish.

Early Congrats :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The salesman told me that they were stick on carbon fibre looking things.

Correct they are powder coated stock wheels but I think I like the stock color better unless you get aftermarket wheels

·
Registered
657 Posts
You're right. Now that I compared the "vents" on that pic to actual Vorsteiner hood vents, those look small so yeah stick-ons.

·
Registered
222 Posts
hey where are you located? i'm around the corona area and there are no m5 or m6 around here, wanna meet up? i've always wanted to check out the upgraded sound system.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice find. Some things to check out maintenance wise being 6 yrs old and 50K miles: spark plugs, engine air filters, transmission/SMG service, differential service. These services are specific to ///M-cars, and do not show up in the iDrive condition-based service reminders. Therefore easy to overlook. Check the battery health. Low battery voltage can throw lots of warning lights. Become familiar with the electronic engine oil "dipstick" Very easy to misinterpret. Good luck and enjoy it.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,393 Posts
Hey Guys

I really wasn't ready to buy yet but this came up it has everything I want so I couldn't pass it by

2008 Used BMW 6 Series M6 at BMW of Murrieta Serving Temecula, Murrieta, CA, IID 12764222

I'm 85 miles from the dealer but we cut a deal over the phone and I will be going to collect it on Thursday/Friday.

According to the salesman its super clean, Its the only one I've seen in this price range that still has all of the rubberizing in good condition on the wheel!!

I have a powertrain and electronics warranty for 3 years and 30k miles so I should be good with it, the guy says its immaculate and that it has 3 owners but they were all the same guy, first on personal lease then finance then owned, he brought a new one and traded this one

also before you say it I'm having them remove the stick on extras from the hood! now I just need to see about getting some stock wheels.

anyway what do you think? i'm really excited for this week to be over ha ha
Congrats and welcome to the v10 club. One other thing I would recommend is a oil BlackStone oil analysis.

hey where are you located? i'm around the corona area and there are no m5 or m6 around here, wanna meet up? i've always wanted to check out the upgraded sound system.
Check out the regional forum:

USA West Forum - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

I know a bunch of guys are getting together Friday:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-west-forum/400537-all-hallows-eve-cruise-october-25-2014-a.html

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will do an oil analysis, the issue is that as far as I know the warranty company wouldn't pay out for preventative maintenance so i'm not sure what the benefit of an oil analysis would be for me other than knowing what to expect, maybe i'm missing something?!

I'm going to watch the clippers on Friday so I will miss this meet but will keep an eye out for the next.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,393 Posts
^^its just good to know the baseline of where your s85 stands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts