1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Strange how someone who has designed the DB9 can also create an ugly thing like the latigo

I rather have a DB9 with an M5 engine

·
Registered
383 Posts
It really does look like a photo shop job of the cars mentioned.

Nothing orignal like the Z8 or other cars he designed before.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the Coupe version. 550hp then we will see 550hp V10 in future M cars, such as M6 CSL.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Stevie said:
Look closer, and you'll see it's not a new car. It's a rebodied M6. Doors and roofline are identical, as is all glass. And he's not paying BMW a fortune, he just buys an M6 (or SL 55 AMG) with the clients money and asks his client to cough up €128.000 BEFORE he starts cutting it up. Yes, that 128.000 is ADDED to M6 MSRP.
i imagine that's what a 'coachbuilder' does... but it would be extremely disappointing if it were a rebodied 6.

according to their official website http://www.fiskercb.com/
they will be unveiling the car at the frankfurt show in a couple of days.

i think we will see more pictures of the actual car.

" The exotic Fisker Tramonto, our inaugural offering, is a thrilling two seater convertible that delivers 610 horsepower – with a top down 0-60 mph in just 3.6 seconds. Production will be limited to 150, so sightings of the Fisker Tramonto will always be a rarity."

they should have thrown in that 1000hp kit ( :byebye: ) with the ransom they are asking :blink:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
There are two models of Fisker cars being produced, each limited to a run of 150 examples. The coupe called Latigo is based on the chassis of a BMW 6 series so in effect the 6 is the 'donor' car. The convertible (called Tramonto) is based on the SL55AMG.

Buyers of the Latigo will have a choice of the 650i engine (V8 367hp) or our favourite V10 from the M5/M6.

I've been following the development of the cars from the beginning and I'm sure they will be great. They deserve to do well, but having seen the pictures they look a little too subtle (underwhelming). Perhaps in real life they are stunners... anyone here (Gustav?) confirm this in Frankfurt?

Jerry (MEnthusiast) can tell you a lot more about this car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
There are two models of Fisker cars being produced, each limited to a run of 150 examples. The coupe called Latigo is based on the chassis of a BMW 6 series so in effect the 6 is the 'donor' car. The convertible (called Tramonto) is based on the SL55AMG.

Buyers of the Latigo will have a choice of the 650i engine (V8 367hp) or our favourite V10 from the M5/M6.

I've been following the development of the cars from the beginning and I'm sure they will be great. They deserve to do well, but having seen the pictures they look a little too subtle (underwhelming). Perhaps in real life they are stunners... anyone here (Gustav?) confirm this in Frankfurt?

Jerry (MEnthusiast) can tell you a lot more about this car.
Sounds disappointing. Why based on the E63 for the coupe and R230 roadster for the convertible and throw in monster engines? Is this what high-end expectations are reduced to?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I am also very dissapointed about these designs.. they do not worth the amount a customer pay for, if he wana buy a "SUPER" car .. i only liked the interior of the one based on SL55 i think the interior is much nicer from the little details shown while Henrick Fiscker driving.. Hope these pictures arent the real deal.. But if it so its a big mistake..

While he was talking about the Bentely GT that is a rebuilt phaeton.. and that Fiscker is doing the same thing,, but when Bentely camu up with desings its one of the best desings in the market right now.. but Fiscker thing is not very nice and doesnt have the WOW factor.. IMO

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would never buy one of these 2 cars.
Paying double price for a SL55/6-serie with some different body parts, just stupid!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
DerRudy said:
I would never buy one of these 2 cars.
Paying double price for a SL55/6-serie with some different body parts, just stupid!
I guess it depends on how you look at it. Yes, the Tramanto is roughly double the price of the M6, but the M6 is still one of the performance buys of the decade. If you compare it to an AM for example, the price isn't all that bad BUT you get a world class, highly dependable (relatively speaking) V10 engine, world class SMG, a highly sorted suspension, and a super rigid chassis for that money. And you can have the majority of the car serviced at a convenient BMW dealer (if that isn't the plan right out of the chute). You also get exclusivity (an issue that comes up on these boards all the time). I sorta expect a joint announcement at Frankfurt between BMW and Fisker a la Alpina. And it is no coincidence that the Fisker logo is round!.

As for doubling the cost of an SL55, that I'm not so sure about :confused:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I for one like the styling of these cars. I still can't get over the E60 and E63 styling enough to buy one. The Fisker autos have one really important design atribute - no Bangle Butt!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
There's a write up on Fisker in the NY Times, 9/11/2005.

·
Registered
703 Posts
M! said:
they should have thrown in that 1000hp kit ( :byebye: ) with the ransom they are asking :blink:
you should not talk about this, the entire thread could be deletedouich

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was lucky enough to be present when both cars were unveiled to potential customers several weeks ago in Dana Point.

I must say, life, they look a lot better than in pictures. The quality of materials, body work and attention to detail were first class. Panel fit was better than on many high-end production cars.

The arguments can be made both ways for using common chassises as a starting point. I think they will sell well to people who just want to look different.

·
Registered
714 Posts
according to the article, 197.900 Dollar ( 128.000 Dollar on top of the 645Ci / 650Ci or M6)

for that amount you can get yourself a DB9 Volante and works trimmed to your specs. Or, possible a garage queen Z8, and ask one of the well established tuners to mod it the way you wish. Similarly with the SL55.

·
Registered
955 Posts
i think most people misunderstand the idea of "couch build". Fisker Couch Build is simply not making cars to compete with other GT cars, or Sportscar available in the market today. in fact, i think Henrik Fisker is trying to set his cars apart from what's available in the market.

Tremonto and Latigo really aren't the type of car we can judge with common sense, as they aren't meant for common people anyway.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts