BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Does anyone have a legit download link for ISTA d and what cable I need to run it. I see a lot of conflicting information and most sites/links seem untrusted

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys
Nice to meet you!
get you rheingold bmw, this is the best software for our M5 V10.I bought on "ebay" about 80euros
sincerly Syl.

·
Registered
11 Posts
rheingold offers control plans, schematics, after-sales service, SMG learning, DSC learning, VANOS bleed, brakes bleed, pump testing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
This sucks - if you can return the car, do it.
Otherwise, this is the begining of a journey....

It seems one side of the motor is not combusting at all.
I would do a compression check to see if you have compression. For this - You can use Rheingold to disable the injectors... Or you can pull the connectors off all injectors to avoid putting fuel into the motor. Obviously remove all ignition coils so you do not get any combustion while doing the test.

I had a rough troubleshooting experience which ended up being a broken valve spring.
But your situation sounds different - possibly camshaft position sensor? I don't know. I would double check all the simple/common things first - injectors, compression, spark plugs, i know you swapped the ionic module from bank to bank.

Also make sure the throttle bodies are opening on that side ( remove the intake manifold and have someone crank while you watch ) You can also look thru the throttle bodies to see if the intake valves are moving while cranking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wouldn’t you be able to hear if a spring had failed or if there was something off with the compression? Honestly the car doesn’t sound to horrible. Sounds perfectly normal for about 10 seconds on start up and once the engine code comes up and throws it in limp mode it idles really high. When I had a spring fail in my 03 terminator cobra it sound god awful

·
Registered
958 Posts
Does anyone have a legit download link for ISTA d and what cable I need to run it. I see a lot of conflicting information and most sites/links seem untrusted
What's your email? I can forward you the links I got from Bcables awhile back and I think they still work. I did the same for another member a few years back and he got it to install using another cable.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wouldn’t you be able to hear if a spring had failed or if there was something off with the compression? Honestly the car doesn’t sound to horrible. Sounds perfectly normal for about 10 seconds on start up and once the engine code comes up and throws it in limp mode it idles really high. When I had a spring fail in my 03 terminator cobra it sound god awful
Well maybe you have a different problem. Perhaps its to do with oil pressure, or a sensor going out of wack when warmed up? Either way you need to scan for codes to have a better idea.
Come back with some codes for more fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
May sound silly, but have you checked the wire harness connector at the VANOS solenoid to be sure it's seated?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I have actually started changing my solenoids out and the harness didn’t come off too easy so I’m sure they were seated properly. I just ran into a snag with reaching the rear bolts on the solenoids and haven’t had another set of hands to help with it. Could probably use a better tool as well hardly any room in there and one of my bolts wasn’t a t20 which scares me about the ones I can’t really see

21 - 39 of 39 Posts