BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... im sure you guys probably know by now that my clutch is about to take a **** on me and i just ordered a rogue engineering V12 conversion with a JB lightweight flywheel... but in the mean time, i feel like the clutch isn't engaging all the way... feels like the gears are meshing while the clutch is still spinning... the gears aren't grinding but i feel like i am doin damage to her... im thinkin i should just park the beast until i can get a new clutch on her, because i don't wana have to rebuild a tranny after 35k miles and three weeks of ownership... it feels kinda tough to get it in gear.. the toughness started first with 1st->2nd shift when the clutch started to slip and now it has gotten worse and is now happening from neutral->1st->2nd->3rd... opinions or comments please...:sad1:

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i guess nobody around the board likes me or my threads... i get 100 views with not more then 1 comment or opinion posted on all my threads.... did i say or do something to piss off m5board.com and it's members... hmmm...??? :dunno:

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so when i got in my car this morning, without it started and while idling... i ran thru the gears and it feels like maybe the shifter is getting hung up... like the shifter is catching or sliding against the shift gates... maybe the bushings are worn out on the shifter linkage?!... anybody have symptons like this...

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thanks for the response ard... the thing is when i first test drove the car, shifting was smooth as butter... all i had to do was slightly flick my wrist and it would go into gear... but now that the clutch is slipping it really isn't "forcing" but it feels like its hanging up a bit... and i met up wit m5 deamon the other night and he said the little hang up was "normal", and said with the new clutch it should get better... also when the tranny and clutch warm up and the clutch isn't slipping as much the shifting seems to smooth out alot... but i will do a search on shift forks and see what comes up...

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok another observation... i took the car out for a drive yesterday after a nice 4 hour claybar wash and wax... and i noticed the clutch pedal was much much harder and stiffer, and there was no hang up when switch gears... the clutch felt as crisp and stiff as it did when i first bought the car... am i not getting enough hydraulic pressure??.... my rogue engineering V12 conversion should be hear the middle of next week, so hopefully all works out....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.