BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I am about to order a supersprint exhaust but i dont know if i need the crossover pipes? alot of companys told me that i will need it to help the exhaust fit properly. please help me out

jesh

·
Registered
291 Posts
jeshie7 said:
hey guys,

I am about to order a supersprint exhaust but i dont know if i need the crossover pipes? alot of companys told me that i will need it to help the exhaust fit properly. please help me out

jesh
You don't need it you can still use the stock pipe. But from what I understand it is better to have it as it will help significantly over the stock in airflow (which is a good thing). It will make the sound a little louder but in all it is worth it.

Late

·
10,457 Posts
depends on the sound you're after. supersprints with stock resonators are pretty quiet sounding. Add the x pipe if you want a little more bark. It's not necessary from a fitment standpoint, just sound. Doubtfull that it adds much measurable hp.
mike

·
Registered
291 Posts
mottati said:
depends on the sound you're after. supersprints with stock resonators are pretty quiet sounding. Add the x pipe if you want a little more bark. It's not necessary from a fitment standpoint, just sound. Doubtfull that it adds much measurable hp.
mike
Yea this right it does not add any HP by itself unless you couple all that with the headers and cats. That is where you would see the benfit of HP by adding the components you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
any company that is telling you that you NEED the xpipe, you dont want to deal with them. They are obviously trying to scare you into a secondary sale. The Xpipe is not a required portion of the exhaust as if it was, why is it sold separately.

Ya dont need it unless you want that sound

·
Registered
363 Posts
jeshie7 said:
hey guys,

jesh
I bought my Supersprint from a place in New Jersey called Body Motion - they also did the install and had done the same for several other board members. I'd recommend them. Good Luck !

·
Registered
59 Posts
jeshie7 said:
hey guys,

jesh
No, you do not need to get the crossover pipe if you do not want to, as the Supersprint street mufflers, as well as the race mufflers, will all fit to the stock resonator. This is a straight, bolt-on application, no mods are needed, other than cutting the inlet pipes of the stock muffler system.
When in doubt about the fitting possibilities of the Supersprint individual exhaust parts, please check the on-line application charts and the product photos, at www.supersprint.com.
You'll easily find out which parts must be fit together. Where this is not clearly specified, it means that those individual SS exhaust products can be fit to the existing stock components.

Alessandro Gilli

Supersprint

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot everyone im going to get the exhaust and the x-pipe i would like like the extra growl

jesh

·
Company Representative for Supersprint
151 Posts

jeshie7

I think you will be very pleased with your choice. These muffler coupled with the X pipe offer excellent performance and a very sporty exhaust note. Please be advised that at first the exhaust note will be "tame" and after use the exhaust note will mature into it's true deep smooth tone, once the exhaust note has mature it will level out and maintain this same attractive note. Chris

·
Registered
291 Posts
Re: 8

Supersprint said:
jeshie7

I think you will be very pleased with your choice. These muffler coupled with the X pipe offer excellent performance and a very sporty exhaust note. Please be advised that at first the exhaust note will be "tame" and after use the exhaust note will mature into it's true deep smooth tone, once the exhaust note has mature it will level out and maintain this same attractive note. Chris

Good to know I just ordered a pair from Discovery Automotive and didn't know this but at least I now know that it will sound get the true sound after some reps.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
For $400 notes or so, this is a must have IMHO (unless you really like a quiet Beast). Many many board members have this outfitted even if they are using other brands for their cans, so go for it guys!No h.p. will be gained, maybe cutting about an extra 10lbs off the Beast (total about 35lbs counting the cans), but the extra sound will give you the 'psychological' effect (if not anything else) that you've got more ponies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts