BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a 2000 car with 45k miles.. Totally stock and well maintained by a friend who I know well.
Questions are, can I fit the 03 style sterring wheel with full functionality and can I retofit the NAV from the small screen CD based system to a full screen DVD based system easily? Will I do damage to the surrounding dash at all?

Thamks in advance team..

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Yes to both, i have an 00 with the widescreen nav and dvd nav computer. mostly plug and play. see www.bimmernav.com for details and do a search on this board for the steering wheel, it's been documented here.
Mike

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... now what to pay for the car? Mid 30's? Don't want to insult the owner as we are friends.. don't want to pay over the top for it either.

·
Registered
147 Posts
M Power said:
Thanks guys... now what to pay for the car? Mid 30's? Don't want to insult the owner as we are friends.. don't want to pay over the top for it either.
Mid 30's is pretty low for a well maintained 2000. I would think high 30's would be fair.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is perfect.. I do appreciate it .. will let you know how it plays out.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Andre,

It's great to hear that you're considering another beast. What color?

You neighbors should be well rested by now. I have a feeling the Kelleners rumble will be returning to your 'hood. :haha:

:cheers: :

·
Registered
10 Posts
Recently sold a 2000 with most Dinan2 equipment, new tires, Avus Blue, 41K miles for $36K. It was in very good shape but getting a real buyer with cash motivated me...plus the fact that my new car was ready to be delivered. Offer $35K or $36K.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ELEVENS said:
Andre,

It's great to hear that you're considering another beast. What color?

You neighbors should be well rested by now. I have a feeling the Kelleners rumble will be returning to your 'hood. :haha:

:cheers: :
Hey Bill.. yes, perhaps this works out. Also a CB car with black interior.
New tires, new wheels (curbed the old ones so they bought 4 new wheels - that is how fanatical they are). Will see, they have a potential deal away from me and I said I might consider backstopping them at the mid 30 mark.

Must still get over the fact that I sold my first one and nw I am looking at an older car than I sold.

I can be too impulsive I know, says he who has a deposit on the new M5, the soon to be released V8 M3 and an M6.. What am I thinking? :M5launch:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
M Power said:
...I can be too impulsive I know, says he who has a deposit on the new M5, the soon to be released V8 M3 and an M6.. What am I thinking? :M5launch:
You're thinking very, very clearly, my friend. kinggf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.