BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends: I need your help in personalizing my license plates. In California, personalized plates can have up to seven letters and/or numbers, with a half-space in between words.

I've just acquired a pristine 1986 E24 635CSi, the Shark. I wanted to get "86 SHARK" but that was taken. I could go with "BMW E24" but not many people would know what that means.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congrats! Glad you found one. What color/options? US or Euro?
As I see you're a pilot... the guy I bought my old 6 from, also a pilot, had CKUR6, or check your 6. There are more obvious ways to get that across, but he wanted something a little tougher. It was a NV plate and is likely still available in CA. Cool idea, anyway. How about E24 CSI? Anybody who will appreciate a nice 6er will be able to figure out a slightly obscure plate. If you bought a white one, there's always GRT WHT or some variation that isn't taken.
Keep brainstorming...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Fast6 said:
Congrats! Glad you found one. What color/options? US or Euro?
As I see you're a pilot... the guy I bought my old 6 from, also a pilot, had CKUR6, or check your 6. There are more obvious ways to get that across, but he wanted something a little tougher. It was a NV plate and is likely still available in CA. Cool idea, anyway. How about E24 CSI? Anybody who will appreciate a nice 6er will be able to figure out a slightly obscure plate. If you bought a white one, there's always GRT WHT or some variation that isn't taken.
Keep brainstorming...
Great ideas, guys! Keep them coming. You wouldn't believe how many good names are already taken in California. Just about any variation on "SHARK" is already accounted for.

Here are some that are still available, what do you think?

BMW E24
E24 CSI
BLUE 635
BLUE CSI
6R SHARK
SHARK 86
1986 BMW
1986 CSI
180K+ MI

The car is a pristine, original 1986 635CSi, right down to the original metric wheels and Michelin TRX tires (ugh!). I've attached a couple of photos for your viewing pleasure.

There's little doubt that my E39 M5 "Beast" is the performance leader of my collection, and it's styling is hard to beat, too. But I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the big E24 coupes! The "Shark" has lines that set it apart from any other BMW.

Thanks again, Mike

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts