BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Im finally getting to installing the Modmynav Smartview unit i purchased back in march. I attempted to follow Nelson's instructions for install and am not getting power to the unit or seeing a wifi network. Below are the instructions that nelson provided. Please let me know what i did wrong. Im going to open it up again today and recheck my connections.

SmartView:
Connect the antenna to SmartView. Plug the yellow RCA from SmartView to AV2 in the multimedia interface. Then take red and white RCA from SmartView and using the included RCA-jack cabe connect it to the AUX port in the armrest.There are also two thin wires left at SmartView (red and black).
You have to tap red wire into the red wire going to the POWER connector in the multimedia interface.
You have to tap black wire into the black/brown wire going to the POWER connector in the multimedia interface.
Use the included OEM tap-in connectors and squeeze them with pliers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out, took a multimeter to it and discovered that I tapped the incorrect wire for ground.

Instead of this

You have to tap black wire into the black/brown wire going to the POWER connector in the multimedia interface.

Tap the black wire on the in side of the inline fuse running to the multimedia interface.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts