BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="1181" width="370"><tbody><tr width="100%" unselectable="on" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">Hi all

need some help as i keep on getting the same fault codes.
las
t week i had both pre cat sensors changed as i was getting poor mpg.after haveing them changed i pluged in peak tool and got codes 90 fuel control cyl 1-4
91 fuel control cyl 5-8
cleared codes and since i have driven about 150 miles . the car runs great .no problems.
today checked codes and found the same codes 90 /91.
in the last 3k miles i have had new mafs , all 4 cam sensors , and most recently pre cat sensors.

any ideas why i am geting codes?

</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">sorry post is so far down page.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Do you have a SES light come out?try clearing them (Codes) again and see if they come back, sometimes your ecu is still adapting, try checking your fuel filter aswell ...hope this helps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
no ses light
forgot to mention fuel pump and fillter have also been changed.
have cleared codes . will check them after a few days and see what hapends.
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Check for intake vacuum leak aswell...btw you don't have SES light? and you still manage to pull the codes 90/91, you probably did not reset/ erase your codes...

·
Registered
81 Posts

<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr width="100%" unselectable="on" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">where do i check for vacum leaks? can i do this my self or do i need to take to dealer.

</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
89 Posts
His car is probably European spec. No SES light system. I usually pull codes from my car; I have never seen SES light. I have the same codes he is having and never found the cause so I left it<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
936 Posts
Did you let the car run low on fuel?

I got those codes once, I was driving reasonably hard at the time and the fuel light was on, never had the codes since and never let the fuel light come on either.

Richie.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi guys i've just got these codes too but i've also just got 2 other ones

0A = Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor , Cyl #1-4
0F = Crankshaft/Camshaft position correlation Cyl #1-4

Admittedly i did run the car low on fuel on Sunday but i've run it that close before without getting codes.

The other 2 codes seem like a CPS is about to fail, is that a correct assumption?

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Yup. You will get the crank/cam code when it looses track of the correlation due to the bad CPS.

Time to order!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Fuel control codes are an interesting problem. I've been getting these on occasion. The simple interpretation is fuel filter/pump or something with the fuel delivery. However, I've checked these and have yet to pen down the source.

What might be helpful is to know exactly what input/sensor the DME is responding to to trip this code. I wish we had a master book that tells us exactly what sensor input the DME is monitoring for each code... this might help us better understand them, as well as collateral code scenarios.

Hi guys i've just got these codes too but i've also just got 2 other ones

0A = Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor , Cyl #1-4
0F = Crankshaft/Camshaft position correlation Cyl #1-4
The other 2 codes seem like a CPS is about to fail, is that a correct assumption?
Sure smells like it! Usual procedure is to clear and confirm their return. Then start reading up on CPS replacement. :)

Dave

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cleared the codes soon as i'd read them, just took the car out for a drive (10 - 15 miles approx) no codes returned. It is quite short so i'll read them again sometime early next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts