BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought this 2007 sapphire black m5 6speed. I have put about 300 miles in it and it won't shift properly. The clutch is not engaging all the way so it's rough to get into gear and especially rough taking off from a traffic light. It is chattering from while taking off from the traffic light. I have had slave cylinders go bad before in my M3 and it seems like that's what's wrong again. Is this common? Also is the slave cylinder external or internal?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
56,000. Also quick off topic how do you turn the traction control all the way off?
If its 6 speed I have heard rumors that you can't but these are rumors because I have never sat in a E60 M5 6 speed!

On mine near the "shifter" is a DSC off button or go the M Drive to turn it off!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Damn these drive by wire clutch systems!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well drained the fluid and bled the system seems to be working a little better but the clutch is still soft. Is your guys clutch really soft? Also where is the engagment point for your clutchs?

·
Registered
759 Posts
try resetting the clutch release bearing it works sometimes !

drive on a nice paved road your speed must be above 50 MPH ( i so it on 60 MPH ) in SMG mode while at speed remove your foot from throttle and brake put the SMG lever in ( N ) and fast pull the two shifters in the steering + & - together for 5 seconds release it put the car in drive again ( S mode ) floor it see how it shifts now ! GL

·
Registered
759 Posts
double post ..sorry

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
try resetting the clutch release bearing it works sometimes !

drive on a nice paved road your speed must be above 50 MPH ( i so it on 60 MPH ) in SMG mode while at speed remove your foot from throttle and brake put the SMG lever in ( N ) and fast pull the two shifters in the steering + & - together for 5 seconds release it put the car in drive again ( S mode ) floor it see how it shifts now ! GL
doesn't the OP have a 6 speed M5 not a SMG?

·
Registered
759 Posts
sorry didn't know that..anyway manual means old school it's either clutch or syncros . GL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts