BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made a post recently on eisnmann exhaust looking for the best eisenmann exhaust but now I'm thinking what is the best overall exhaust. Dinan, supersprint, eisenmann, etc... What do u guys think? I am looking for a nice loud exhaust for the car too.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Might help if you describe what other characteristics besides loud you're looking for.

Street, track, stock but louder or deeper, flames out the tips during WOT? :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might help if you describe what other characteristics besides loud you're looking for.

Street, track, stock but louder or deeper, flames out the tips during WOT? :D
Flames would be good:biggrin:but serioisly it would be for regular everyday driving allot louder than stock, i want people to go deff when i go byhihahiha

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Flames would be good:biggrin:but serioisly it would be for regular everyday driving allot louder than stock, i want people to go deff when i go byhihahiha
For flames, run a small fuel line to inside each exhaust tip and equip with a spark plug. Equipped with a dash mounted switch, your M can become the Batmobile at will.........seriously, hotrodders did this in the late '50s.

For just plain louder, start replacing mufflers with straight pipe and stop when your ears bleed. The loudest would be header dumps directly behind the front wheels, like the McLaren SLR.

I think Darren went with Evo headers and Eisenmann exhaust system. Sounded great but was too loud for everyday driving, so he added back factory mufflers.

Best bet is to find a local performance shop near you that has experience with this type of work and start experimenting. Sort of like picking out speakers, what sounds good to one, sounds like sh*t to another.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I do, and I have it. Great sounding exhaust. Retains factory tonal quality but a bit louder. Still quiet enough for stereo and phone usage.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I think Darren went with Evo headers and Eisenmann exhaust system. Sounded great but was too loud for everyday driving, so he added back factory mufflers.
Ayyyy. Si senor. Actually love the sound, and if you're lookin' for loud, than this is the way to go plus some extra horsies (unlike adding just section 1 or 2 which give no gains whatsoever). I'm just waiting to get hassled by the local 5-0 though......

·
Registered
427 Posts
+1 Eisenmann Race

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went with an AA exhaust.......once I get it and get it installed, I'll try and post some sound bytes to help (or just add more confusion to the matter)!!! :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Eisenmann Meisterchaft GT, if loud is what you like. You will hear the sound inside the car so will anyone you having a phone conversation with, the only way to escape is to turn up the stereo. Depending on where you live also be prepared to be hassled by the popo

·
Registered
169 Posts
when i get my beast the tubi rumore will be slapped on. please let me know if this is correct from softest to loudest

1. dinan
2. tubi regular
3. eisenmann sport
4. Active autowerke
5. Tubi rumore
6. Eisenmann Race
7. Meishterscaft GT.

·
Registered
580 Posts
For flames, run a small fuel line to inside each exhaust tip and equip with a spark plug. Equipped with a dash mounted switch, your M can become the Batmobile at will.........seriously, hotrodders did this in the late '50s.
I almost did something like this to a 1969 Lincoln Continental I used to own.:hihi: I wish I did but never got around to it. Man, I miss that car.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
when i get my beast the tubi rumore will be slapped on. please let me know if this is correct from softest to loudest

1. dinan
2. tubi regular
3. eisenmann sport
4. Active autowerke
5. Tubi rumore
6. Eisenmann Race
7. Meishterscaft GT.
IMO (or my hearing), I will swap 2&3 and put Meistherschaft Touring at first. E-sport is very quiet. Just my hearing, I have heard them all except AA.

What about Arqray? http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103181

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I almost did something like this to a 1969 Lincoln Continental I used to own.:hihi: I wish I did but never got around to it. Man, I miss that car.
Might look kwel on your Cherokee Sport.:cool2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts