BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I made a mistake and black screened my MK3 by trying to update it with a mode 1 V32 disk. I now have a mode 2 V32 disk, but it won't take. From what I have read I now need to downgrade it to an older firmware. I'm looking for the V18 firmware because that is what originally came on the unit based on my build date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just installed my Intravee setup last night as well, and I'm eager to use it.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Well, I made a mistake and black screened my MK3 by trying to update it with a mode 1 V32 disk. I now have a mode 2 V32 disk, but it won't take. From what I have read I now need to downgrade it to an older firmware. I'm looking for the V18 firmware because that is what originally came on the unit based on my build date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just installed my Intravee setup last night as well, and I'm eager to use it.
Are you a and your beast anywhere near Auburn Hills or Roseville (or somewhere in between) today? I may have a v18 CD in the car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that would be convenient. I'm out in Farmington Hills all day but, after work I will be grabbing some food and heading towards the Planet Rock gym in Pontiac.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I had the same problem and got v22 to work. V32 and v24 wouldn't. I downloaded it from the e38 site (sorry - on my phone and don't have the link handy). Check the bimmernav.com page for the link

BTW I did need the Key CD in order to go from v17 to v22. V22 contains the same MKIII firmware (3-1/63 I think?) as the later versions so I just left it at v22 once I got it working

Good luck!!

-Darrell

·
Registered
824 Posts
i can't remember or google the link at the moment, but there is a page that has all of the versions free for download. It's a very simple 1 page website with all the links. It also has the modified firmwares to put ///M on the home screen, etc.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Neiloakley.com but the site has been down for a few days

-Darrell

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same problem and got v22 to work. V32 and v24 wouldn't. I downloaded it from the e38 site (sorry - on my phone and don't have the link handy). Check the bimmernav.com page for the link
I have the link to the site. TheShafro gave it to me after he made me a modified boot file. It's where I got the V32 disk from, but I'm a bit hesitant to download anything else from there without direction, because there is no consistent naming convention to the files and multiple V18s.

Neiloakley.com but the site has been down for a few days
I managed to find that site last night. It's up and working, but it only has 25, 29, 30, and 32. If I don't find a V18 source I'll give the V25 a shot.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Well, that would be convenient. I'm out in Farmington Hills all day but, after work I will be grabbing some food and heading towards the Planet Rock gym in Pontiac.
What time are you expecting to be in Pontiac? I'll check if I have the O/S disks with me.

So, I apologize, apparently I took all the navigation disks out while cleaning and failed to put them back. What is your schedule or availability tomorrow?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What time are you expecting to be in Pontiac? I'll check if I have the O/S disks with me.

So, I apologize, apparently I took all the navigation disks out while cleaning and failed to put them back. What is your schedule or availability tomorrow?
Oh well, tomorrow is easier for me anyways.

Tomorrow I'll probably be headed over to my friends shop in Warren after work. I'm usually there by 5ish.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Oh well, tomorrow is easier for me anyways.

Tomorrow I'll probably be headed over to my friends shop in Warren after work. I'm usually there by 5ish.
The CDs are in the beast and ready to go. Please either post or PM (which ever you prefer) your friend's shop address and I will meet you there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PM will be inbound shortly, because I CAN do that now (This is Post #47)! :biggrinbounce:

Thanks for trolling the forum and answering all my threads, by the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts