BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an issue, I bought a 2006 M5 as a project, i need some help with trying to figure out which module this connector is for. Seems like It was removed, the location is behind the glove box compartment. I notice that the car doesn't have the common chime the bmws usually have when the ignition is switched on and there is no sound from the radio either. IMG_6612.JPG IMG_2108.JPG

·
Registered
431 Posts
There could be many things, a CD changer or in my case and IPOD integration module. When I was messing around and unplugged my module the audio quit as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Missing loopback connector on the fiber port (left connector) will kill audio.
Is there a part number? I want to purchase it. One of the two wire connector says “smg diagnostic” so that’s like an open port for secondary diagnosis?

·
2,069 Posts
There's nothing smg in the glovebox (other than fuses). What label says smg?

As for the MOST connector... the glovebox diagnostic port terminator is 61136925182. But looking at your pic more closely it looks to be the CD changer connection because it also has 4 copper wires in the same block. That's similar to the sat radio connector. Honestly your best bet is to get whatever you need from a junkyard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's nothing smg in the glovebox (other than fuses). What label says smg?

As for the MOST connector... the glovebox diagnostic port terminator is 61136925182. But looking at your pic more closely it looks to be the CD changer connection because it also has 4 copper wires in the same block. That's similar to the sat radio connector. Honestly your best bet is to get whatever you need from a junkyard.
I will take a pic of the labeled connector that says smg. Yea I am going to see a guy who is doing a part out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If the connector is for the CD changer and thats all that is missing then it might be a bad CCC/radio, or previous owner might have replaced the unit and didn’t code it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is no CD changer though. If that’s all it is then I am happy. I will order one and code it when my new diagnostic equipment arrives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts