BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i was hoping this day would never come but I got the dreaded SES light today along with a lumpy idle and some loss of power, and it didn't settle after turning the car on and off....:sad1:

Reading through the forum it probably looks like a MAFS issue?

I have a few questions and would be grateful if someone could help out

Anyone in West London have an error code reader that i could use to check the fault code?

Anyone have any experience of MLG chiswick for servicing their beast?, I am only 1/2 mile from the dealer and it is very convenient or can someone recommend a dealer within a reasonable distance?

the car is covered under the BMW extended warranty

many thanks...

ssd

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I think Tin might have one of those readers.

Most London dealers are pants :sad3:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Phone Kevin Bird at Birds in Uxbridge. They are not a franchised dealer, but have looked after my car for 3 years. I don't know if your warranty will run there, but no harm asking. If you are unsure who Birds are, do a search here. Your symptoms sound the same as I had recently - cam sensor. Not expensive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i have sent tin a pn, and will see what happens when i speak to the local dealer (gulp)

will keep you posted

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Barons of Hindhead(near Guildford) are very good and have looked after our beast since we bought it from them. Though they may be too far for you, good luck with your problem

all the best
adam

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Yep, Barons are very good - both Hindhead and Farnborough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts