BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been faced with a bit of a problem.... I purchased my car from BMW Of Towson last year with 112.000 miles. I've added Supersprint header and a custom exhaust. And I recently purchased a shark injector (race version) so I can lose my check engine light from the post cat o2 sensor and gain a little performance...

Upon installation of my shark injector, I received an error code (143) which means that the software on the vehicle is currently not that of oem. I drove to Fields BMW Of Winter Park (Orlando, FL) to get my software returned to stock. And they told me they wouldn't touch it. The advisor said "BMW doesn't touch cars with aftermarket software." I find that ironic since BMW sells Dinan software correct? Anyways can someone point me in the right direction? The car appears to to have the oem rev limit, even though I've gone faster than 155. But I'm pretty sure you can jump the limiter in 5th. Where can I go to return my software to stock

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I'm not familiar with tunes and tuning but the DME decimal code 143 is for a problem with the e-box fan, the little fan inside the DME box. Or are you talking about a different type of error code?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not familiar with tunes and tuning but the DME decimal code 143 is for a problem with the e-box fan, the little fan inside the DME box. Or are you talking about a different type of error code?
I'm talking about the blinking red error code you get on the shark injector when you try to install... The blinking pattern is 143

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I bought my M5 thinking it is running on OEM software but I later found out it was tuned on shark race tune with 7000 rpm limiter. I reflashed with Jailbreak tune. I know that I would probably get few codes when I return to stock oem tune (mainly AA code).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My problem is trying to return the software to stock..... What can be done if the dealer won't touch it? Do I need to swap the ECU? And if I did would that cause an EWS problem?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
find another dealer, there is no reason they should not reflash the DME for you. no offense to anyone but some of you guys need to stand up to these dealers. you're a paying customer, if you're willing to spend money and want work performed then it should be done. sometimes you have to go a little higher up on the ladder to get results. if you get crap from the service writer then ask to talk to the shop foreman or service manager.

your other option is to reflash the dme yourself with WINKFPT.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
find another dealer, there is no reason they should not reflash the DME for you. no offense to anyone but some of you guys need to stand up to these dealers. you're a paying customer, if you're willing to spend money and want work performed then it should be done. sometimes you have to go a little higher up on the ladder to get results. if you get crap from the service writer then ask to talk to the shop foreman or service manager.

your other option is to reflash the dme yourself with WINKFPT.

I figured that it was a crock of s**t. He went on about how there software can't even get access to a modified DME and if they did I'll be upset with them if they brick it and charge me $2000 for a new one....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
there is no reason they couldn't reflash the DME for you. these cars can be a pain at times to flash with but usually it goes smooth. when you find a dealer to do it just make sure you tell them to pull fuse #31 before the flash the DME. f31 is for the dsc module which sometimes can cause communication issues on the programming line which can cause the DME to crash. there is an old service bulletin from bmw regarding the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts