BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Instrument Cluster changed (some pixels went bad), on the old Cluster I could have sworn that I had a position on the headlight switch for "A" automatic mode. On this new Cluster auto mode Is non-existent. My car Is an 02 model. I never use the auto mode so I'm not sure.
Thanx
Frank

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can't help you, but maybe you can help me. I need to rpelace my instrument cluster as well. Who did replaced yours, and what was the cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EvilTommy said:
Can't help you, but maybe you can help me. I need to rpelace my instrument cluster as well. Who did replaced yours, and what was the cost? Thanks.
Dealer (Park Ave Motors) and Warranty, I called and left a message still waiting for reply on my question.

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
Frank said:
I just had the Instrument Cluster changed (some pixels went bad), on the old Cluster I could have sworn that I had a position on the headlight switch for "A" automatic mode. On this new Cluster auto mode Is non-existent. My car Is an 02 model. I never use the auto mode so I'm not sure.
Thanx
Frank
My recollection is that 02 was the first year of auto mode for headlight. Looks like dealer just put in wrong switch. Shouldn't be a big deal to correct.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
AFAIK, that is correct...the "auto" switch went in in 2002. I'm losing some pixels in my display as well. The bad news is that I hear the replacements have the same failure rate...oh well.

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts