BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow M5'ers

I am trying to locate the "block" or loom to connect a newly ordered EDC switch to. The swithc is on its way - but I would like to locate the connection point - Brian helped as much as possible (thankyou sir :M5thumbs: ) but unfortunately he was telling me about the RHD models and me being not overly confident in DIY would like to know how to locate the aforementioned point to connect the newly aquired EDC switch - I hear it is easy once you find this connection point.

Any help would be massively appreciated, and would provide me with something to do over the weekend.

Cheers all

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just remove the small plastic panel where switch will fit(far rt. side);you may have to fish out the connecting wires and plug;I had to carefully pull them up to provide enough slack to allow connection to switch.Once connected,switch snaps into plastic frame.That's all it takes;I added one to my 3.8 a couple of mos. ago.Let me know if you have any problems,Vic

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kupkake said:
Just remove the small plastic panel where switch will fit(far rt. side);you may have to fish out the connecting wires and plug;I had to carefully pull them up to provide enough slack to allow connection to switch.Once connected,switch snaps into plastic frame.That's all it takes;I added one to my 3.8 a couple of mos. ago.Let me know if you have any problems,Vic
------------------------

wow - its that easy, makes you wonder why BMW did not fit it as standard on all cars with EDC.

I will give it a go, and thanks kukake, will let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kupkake said:
-----------------
hi kupkake

Just a quickie - What colour are the wires and how big is the plug?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jahangeer said:
-----------------
hi kupkake
Can't recall the color of the wires,black perhaps;the plug is obvious as it's a match for the back of the switch.It was the only group of wires and plug looking for an attachment.Once the small panel is removed,I did have to reach in pretty far;small opening,large hand.Yours might be more easily accessed.Good luck,let me know how it turns out.I too can't understand why it was packaged with the Nurburgring option instead of standard fit.In any case,it's great that the retrofit is so easy.Best,Vic
Just a quickie - What colour are the wires and how big is the plug?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.