BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my 1995 BMW M540i Limited Edition #19, which had 197,000kms (or about 120,000 miles) on it and replaced it with #62 of the same thing, which has only 105,000kms or about 62,000miles on it.

Whilst cleaning up the new one, I found the original build sheet (in German) under the front drivers seat, which has saved me the trouble of ordering one from the dealer!

I have compared the codes on #62 to those I had on #19 and have found it has one extra shown - code no 850 - 'extra fuel'.

Can anyone help me clarify exactly what this means. Does it mean it has an extra large fuel tank (if so, how large is likely - the standard on Aussie 540i's was 80 litres), or whether it came with the BMW reserve tank - ie the one in the boot you could remove - or something else.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

·
Registered
906 Posts
I guess that it is an extra amount of fuel they added because the vehicle is going for export and is therefore beeing handled more than the ones going to the German market. This is what I read on the internet at least, please correct me someone if that is that is not the case.

Greetings from Sweden,

//HD91

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Mine had it too. Not all the LEs do, and they've all got the same size fuel tank.

In the past, a 320i and 325i I had both had it, and their fuel tanks were relatively small.

I agree with HD91, I think it was an additional charge with the Pre-delivery inspection, and means it was filled with fuel before sale.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. This sounds like a quite likely analysis of the code. But it does beg the reason why my #19 did not have it but #62 does!?

Musing out loud ... maybe, because #19 was originally delivered to one of Australia's biggest BMW dealers in Melbourne, whereas, #62 was originally delivered to Perth in Western Australia - requiring more petrol for more shipping transfers etc? #62 was also built some 4 months after #19? I don't know!

But thanks again for the suggestions.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts