Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Codes are
002b44
002b37

002b57

Also a 002B59
Car is 07 e63 with 36.7k miles. And good educated guesses? Thank guys.

·
Registered
138 Posts
last guy that had that same set of codes went through quite the ordeal....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last guy that had that same set of codes went through quite the ordeal....

yeah just found that thread... did anyone get the same set of codes with a more fortunate outcome?

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah just found that thread... did anyone get the same set of codes with a more fortunate outcome?
My outcome wasn't that bad :) lol
Thinking back now what a pain in the *** this car was.
Do you have rough idle when first started up? Does it get better after a while of idling? Or when engine is warmer? My spring was beginning to break when I had these symptoms.
One coil of the spring broke off and was hanging out in a thank god non volatile spot in the valve cover area. And the lifter was not moving until it was pushed on a good few times by the cam shaft, thus the engine would run well again (no misfiring.)

It was the intake valve, so I was able to look thru the throttle body and I was able to see it Not Moving like all the other valves. If it had been the exhaust valve - I wouldn't know.

Mind you - You Can diagnose this with a compression tester. I did have the compression leak failing (drastically) for the first few revs when cold compared to the other cylinders.

I think that makes two members now that have some work to do - let the games begin.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Those are just misfire codes which can have multiple causes, not just spring failure. Last time I had those codes for cylinder 2 it ended up being a bad coil pack which I fixed in 5 minutes by replacing the coil pack.

Start with the simple and easy stuff first. 1)Clear the codes, turn the engine on evaluate if its still misfiring and re-scan for codes, see if the misfire persists on same cylinder.
2) If misfire persists swap the coil and plug, and re-check
3) Report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts