BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Eisenmann if you don't mind spending $2100 and can wait 2 months, rogue engineering diablo if not.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Tubi Regular. I may be slightly partial, but IMO its one of the best sounding, not overly loud mufflers.

Aside from that id go with eisenmann, remus, rogue then cns.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Tubi Regular. I may be slightly partial, but IMO its one of the best sounding, not overly loud mufflers.

Aside from that id go with eisenmann, remus, rogue then cns.
Remus? Why in the world would you recommend Remus over anything but Borla? :confused:

To the OP, the Tubi Regular is very quiet without a SS X-pipe and the exhaust tips are a love-it or hate-it item so you should definitely see/hear a Tubi system in person before you buy.

There are a ton of exhausts out there for our cars and you should try your best to hear and see the fitment of any system you're seriously considering in person to get a real idea of what to expect. I listened to 5 different exhausts in person before I decided which to buy and I'm glad I did. :cheers:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got Eismann on mine and it roars....

·
Banned
460 Posts
Remus? Why in the world would you recommend Remus over anything but Borla? :confused:

To the OP, the Tubi Regular is very quiet without a SS X-pipe and the exhaust tips are a love-it or hate-it item so you should definitely see/hear a Tubi system in person before you buy.

There are a ton of exhausts out there for our cars and you should try your best to hear and see the fitment of any system you're seriously considering in person to get a real idea of what to expect. I listened to 5 different exhausts in person before I decided which to buy and I'm glad I did. :cheers:
so which did you buy???

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Go ahead and waste money buying new mufflers when you could just cut off your stock mufflers, put on a set of tips and get the same sound. Search "straight pipes" and do some reading......

-Shave 100lbs off the car (removing the 4 stock mufflers)
-save about $1000
-choose from an infinite number of exhaust tip styles (I make custom tips for board members btw, plug for myself) LOL

Reactions: pseudo stig

·
Registered
688 Posts
i've heard and seen timmay's tips. (no ****) they look sharp and the sound is perfect. Growling yet quiet. Quiet enough to fool people into thinking it's stock, but throaty enough when you punch it. tim, does anyone have a video clip setup somewhere?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
i've heard and seen timmay's tips. (no ****) they look sharp and the sound is perfect. Growling yet quiet. Quiet enough to fool people into thinking it's stock, but throaty enough when you punch it. tim, does anyone have a video clip setup somewhere?

I talked my daughter into helping me make these videos, so thank you to Alexa....

Hopefully these will answer all of the questions about whether or not straight pipes create a drone inside the car on the highway. I also created a few surface street vids, and one with the windows down. All from inside the car.

Please excuse my lack of proper english. I HATE cameras/camcorders and always sound like a DORK when recorded.

**I still have the stock exhaust manifold, stock cats, and stock resonators. I just removed my stock mufflers and put straight pipes back to 2 dual 3" tips**

YouTube - 2001 BMW E39 M5 straight pipes inside the car on surface streets

YouTube - 2001 BMW E39 M5 straight pipes inside the car on the highway

YouTube - 2001 BMW E39 M5 straight pipes another inside the car video on the highway

YouTube - 2001 BMW E39 M5 straight pipes surface streets windows down

</EMBED>

Done.......

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
straight pipes

·
Registered
239 Posts
stock h-pipe

If you are not running an X-pipe I would definately recommend going with straight pipes. I would also highly recommend going with Timmay's tips. Can't be beat for the money

·
Shill account for CNS Racing
435 Posts
eisenmann, rouge diablo, cns, or remus
I heard all major brand exhausts in person through meets and racing events and the CNS exhaust is the best sounding one by far in my opinion. It has all the qualities I was looking for and I constantly get compliments from strangers!

·
Registered
2018 F82 M4 Competition in Silverstone Metallic II
3,337 Posts
I heard all major brand exhausts in person through meets and racing events and the CNS exhaust is the best sounding one by far in my opinion. It has all the qualities I was looking for and I constantly get compliments from strangers!
+1

·
Registered
82 Posts
Corsa mufflers from UUC. I love mine. Just the right amount of burble when you're toodling along but it comes alive at WOT. Fabulous. I've had many compliments.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Mandatory mention for Hayward&Scott. Made to order, amazing sound (docile in the cabin but it can really wail when you rip into it), looks great, and it also turns heads. Also, at WOT from the outside, you'd swear I have an x-pipe (I don't).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so which did you buy???
my first choic is eisenmann but yesterday i called remus and they said they juct realisted e new remus race verzion and i am consedrin it but i am trying to finde some one tha have experianc with remus

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
YouTube - BMW E39 M5 with Remus Exhaust

I guess thats the standard version. Personally i like it. It reminds me of my friends corvette. Each person will like a different sound though. Personally my Tubi's are pretty loud, once the cars been driven for abit and the mufflers are nice and hot, i dont think id want it any louder or it just gets annoying. Sometimes i wish it was. I do like the straight pipes, but i seem to have a problem attracting police as it is while i drive the speed limit so for now mufflers stay on lol.

If i had to do it all over again, id look for the britalman exhaust. I almost cream myself everytime i watch this video.

YouTube - Rogue Engineering BMW E39 M5 Dyno Run

Heres my Tubi video. Its pretty quiet which is what i was aiming for. It has a very intoxicated growl that starts at 4000RPM. Mufflers only, contemplating on the x-pipe, the kid in me wants it louder, but the grown up part of me says to leave it as is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qerFfgQ-_30&feature=channel

1 - 20 of 53 Posts