BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently had my 21" vossen forged wheels put on and had the car lowered with the eibach pro kit. When i drive the car i notice a little kind of shaking in the steering wheel, shaking left to right. I do have 10mm spacers in the front. The installer said the rear drivers perfectly but he noticed that shake in the steering wheel and its coming from the front and thinks the spacers are causing it. I know allot of guys have spacers and have not had the problem so i do not think thats the issue. The shaking did happen before the car was lowered also. Just curious what it could be before I go to the shop and waste money trying to fix it. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hey guys I recently had my 21" vossen forged wheels put on and had the car lowered with the eibach pro kit. When i drive the car i notice a little kind of shaking in the steering wheel, shaking left to right. I do have 10mm spacers in the front. The installer said the rear drivers perfectly but he noticed that shake in the steering wheel and its coming from the front and thinks the spacers are causing it. I know allot of guys have spacers and have not had the problem so i do not think thats the issue. The shaking did happen before the car was lowered also. Just curious what it could be before I go to the shop and waste money trying to fix it. Thanks everyone
I'm sure you've already considered this, but what are the chances it's a bent rim? Believe it or not, I've received a bent rim from the factory before (not massively, but enough to cause vibration and shaking -- obviously most noticeable around 60MPH).

Just a thought. Also, what is the brand of the spacers? I've heard of problems with some of the "lesser known" spacer manufacturers.

-b.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm sure you've already considered this, but what are the chances it's a bent rim? Believe it or not, I've received a bent rim from the factory before (not massively, but enough to cause vibration and shaking -- obviously most noticeable around 60MPH).

Just a thought. Also, what is the brand of the spacers? I've heard of problems with some of the "lesser known" spacer manufacturers.

-b.
Definitely check for a bent rim, and sometimes they are difficult to spot, especially if they are on the inside of the wheel like mine was.

You can also check the wheel balance. A tire out of balance will give road vibration (those tire weights can pop off pretty easily actually).

Hopefully, it is a simple problem like the aforementioned ... good luck and safe driving!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did inspect the wheels pretty well before they were put on and did not see any signs of a bent rim, would it be visibly easy to spot? I will have the balance checked next week when I get the alignment done. I do not know the brand name of the spacers so that i can not answer. THanks everyone

·
Registered
85 Posts
1. make sure spacers are hubcentric, NOT universal
2. get wheels rebalanced.

has nothing to do with springs. If it is in the steering wheel, not your ***, it is probably an issue with balancing or spacers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts