BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my codes. The SES light is on and off at times. When I took this pic, there were all "currently not present". Same codes keep reappearing after multiple drives and resets.

Not sure why I keep getting a crank shaft sensor code. But are the intake bank 2 camshaft sensor and bank 1 VANOS codes somehow related?

Car will have what feels to be like like full power at times, and then out of now where it will feel super down on power like a 100 horsepower less. What gives?

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
Here are my codes. The SES light is on and off at times. When I took this pic, there were all "currently not present". Same codes keep reappearing after multiple drives and resets.

Not sure why I keep getting a crank shaft sensor code. But are the intake bank 2 camshaft sensor and bank 1 VANOS codes somehow related?

Car will have what feels to be like like full power at times, and then out of now where it will feel super down on power like a 100 horsepower less. What gives?
Start small. Change out the bank 2 CPS. Clear codes and see if that helps. Driver side CPS is hardest to change because there just isn't a lot of room. Go slow, take your time.

The bank 1 VANOs code should not be related to bank 2 CPS.

If power comes and goes, then you know it is electrical, not mechanical.

Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: 68FB and rao

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I went ahead and ordered the intake camshaft sensor. Was debating on changing out all four, but I guess 'if it aint broke dont fix it'.

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
I could have sent you mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts