BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short I am considering selling my 08' M5 to free up some cash to buy some property. I purchased it late last summer and it currently has 2000 miles and is my sunny day driver. It had a proper break in and was just serviced at 1200 without any additional issues. It has been garage kept, never seen snow...only rain once, no rock chips or other flaws...basically new garage queen located in Kansas City area.

It is Silverstone, black leather (not full), brushed alum trim, 6sp, comfort access, multi-function seats, split rear seats, soft close doors, rear shade, enhanced premium sound with factory ipod/usb interface. Includes OEM cover and BMW battery tender.

Being an 08 there is no KBB value available...07s are listed at around 80k private party. Sticker was $92k+. What is the best way to sell and how much?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
if you don't mind some brutal honesty....

the market for these cars is obviously very, very weak right now. heck, new m3's seem to be trading below msrp already. for this car, i'd say assume a new 6 speed m5 would trade close to $10k below msrp and work your way from there. it depends on how badly and over what timeframe you want to sell it, but to me your car is about an $80k car at this time. sorry, but that's my guess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps and much in line with my thoughts.

I am wondering how much softer the demand is for 6speed versus SMG...I also avoided HUD just because of the glare on the windshield....many like it....also no full leather. Otherwise it is loaded up and doesn't seem to be too much of an issue for the right buyer.

I may go ahead and post an ad here and Autotrader to see the response.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
buena suerte! and good luck on the property....i'm thinking of putting some capital to work later in the year in real estate, something i've never done before other than our primary residence. pretty scary to dip your toe in the water, at least out here in california...plus it seems pretty hard to get money at anything other than very high rates right now.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Whatever you do, I think giving it to a dealership would be a mistake. They will probably try to offer you something in the low $70s for it.

I think a realistic number (in the northeast) would be $82k private party.

There is no reason why you can’t unload the car yourself through the forum, Roundel, Autotrader, or Ebay.

Best of luck.

-Audio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts