BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. First post here but I frequent on m3post a lot!

I just purchased a 2011.5 BMW M3 and doing ED on the 27th! My dad was impressed with my M3 and is looking to purchase a used M6. We found one that we think is reasonable but would like an input from the community. Pardon me if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I looked and didn't find a pricing forum.

The car in question:
2006 Indy Red/Black Interior BMW M6 with 8,400 miles for $51,993.

Options:
Black Extended Leather
Universal Garage-door opener
Head-up display
BMW assist w/bluetooth
Logic 7 Sound system
Comfort access/keyless entry
Park Distance Control
Navigation System
6-disc cd changer

We'll be test driving it today and just wanted to know if it's worth it or not? The car has 2 owners and has no accidents according to Carfax. My dad feels that the price is reasonable but would like to ask for 47/48k. Would they just throw us out?:crying:

Also since the car is out of warranty can extended warranty be bought? (I'm still trying to find a thread about this but maybe I'm not searching it right).

Thank you for your inputs everyone!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Hey everyone. First post here but I frequent on m3post a lot!

I just purchased a 2011.5 BMW M3 and doing ED on the 27th! My dad was impressed with my M3 and is looking to purchase a used M6. We found one that we think is reasonable but would like an input from the community. Pardon me if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I looked and didn't find a pricing forum.

The car in question:
2006 Indy Red/Black Interior BMW M6 with 8,400 miles for $51,993.

Options:
Black Extended Leather
Universal Garage-door opener
Head-up display
BMW assist w/bluetooth
Logic 7 Sound system
Comfort access/keyless entry
Park Distance Control
Navigation System
6-disc cd changer

We'll be test driving it today and just wanted to know if it's worth it or not? The car has 2 owners and has no accidents according to Carfax. My dad feels that the price is reasonable but would like to ask for 47/48k. Would they just throw us out?:crying:

Also since the car is out of warranty can extended warranty be bought? (I'm still trying to find a thread about this but maybe I'm not searching it right).

Thank you for your inputs everyone!
No warranty, but that low of miles I would think $47k is reasonable. I would find a 2008 if he can afford a mid $50's price range. Could even find one with a warranty possibly for mid to upper $50's.

edit: looks to me the prices have recently increased in the past few months by a few thousand dollars, or the asking prices have went up. If you can get auction prices from someone that will help you out. But I still think without warranty for a 2006 I would not pay more than $48-47k.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No warranty, but that low of miles I would think $47k is reasonable. I would find a 2008 if he can afford a mid $50's price range. Could even find one with a warranty possibly for mid to upper $50's.

edit: looks to me the prices have recently increased in the past few months by a few thousand dollars, or the asking prices have went up. If you can get auction prices from someone that will help you out. But I still think without warranty for a 2006 I would not pay more than $48-47k.
Thanks for the input. They are looking to buy a second house and would like to keep the car below 50k so I think a 2008 is out of question. They might be able to do a 2007 with about a years worth of warranty left but with over 20k miles. Those fall in the range of 47-54k but none are from BMW dealers. More than likely those cars were bought from an auction and are now being sold. The Indy Red M6 mentioned is from a BMW dealer and my dad would rather have that piece of mind.

Is there anyone on this forum I can talk to about auction prices? Also, I'm sure this has been discussed before, are there any MAJOR faults with a 2006 M6 over a 2007+? (I'll search also)

Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
2006 vs 2007 m6 !

hi there,

im also facing the same issue and confused btw 2006 m6 15k mile no warranty and 2007 m6 35k mile + 1 yr warranty. the 07 is 4k$ higher on price then the 06. both same color, same interior, same immaculate condition. which one to buy ? any technical or mechanical difference btw 06 and 07 M6 ? please advise

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the info. The car was built 7/06 so that falls under the late production I'm assuming. This "late" enough to avoid the transmission issues?
of course after april it is late production. and i checked with dealer the difference in SMG transmission btw 06 and 07 is a only a software update.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
of course after april it is late production. and i checked with dealer the difference in SMG transmission btw 06 and 07 is a only a software update.
Thanks thats good to know. I test drove a 2007 alpine white with 23k miles for 49k yesterday. The dealer states that the price is non-negotiable. Does that seem reasonable?

·
Registered
97 Posts
M6 For Sale

Unfortunatly due to a change in my business I have to let mine go. I am selling for $55,000 if he is interested let me know. It has the factory warranty untill July of 2011. If you are interested please email me at [email protected]
YouTube - 07 BMW M6 for sale AC Schnitzer Vorsteiner Black Wheels

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunatly due to a change in my business I have to let mine go. I am selling for $55,000 if he is interested let me know. It has the factory warranty untill July of 2011. If you are interested please email me at [email protected]
YouTube - 07 BMW M6 for sale AC Schnitzer Vorsteiner Black Wheels
That is amazing man but I just bought a Jerez Black M3 which I'll be doing driving around Germany this Friday :cheers:.

If I was in the market for an M6 I would definitely be interested. Since it's for my dad he doesn't want to get a black bimmer since I already have one. I'm sure you'll have no problems selling that though. It's at great price imo.

·
Registered
212 Posts
congrats ! post some pix for the M3 :) unfortunately the 2007 that i was looking had a major accident in its history report. now i have to decide btw 07 sepang bronze m6 or 06 silverstone(light blue) m6. both 15k miles, no warranty, and accident free. in terms of price they are almost similar.

That is amazing man but I just bought a Jerez Black M3 which I'll be doing driving around Germany this Friday :cheers:.

If I was in the market for an M6 I would definitely be interested. Since it's for my dad he doesn't want to get a black bimmer since I already have one. I'm sure you'll have no problems selling that though. It's at great price imo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VONSWOOPINGTON, noticed that you are from Va. same here. My reason for the reply is- I've seen the same Red M6 on the Fairfax dealership web site several months ago. How come your parents passed on purchasing that M6. If the vehicle is still offered for sale in about 2 weeks I plan on test driving. Was their anything wrong or not right about the price / deal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VONSWOOPINGTON, noticed that you are from Va. same here. My reason for the reply is- I've seen the same Red M6 on the Fairfax dealership web site several months ago. How come your parents passed on purchasing that M6. If the vehicle is still offered for sale in about 2 weeks I plan on test driving. Was their anything wrong or not right about the price / deal.
Only reason was the color. It just didn't look as good as Alpine White. The dealer even said that if that car was AW it would've sold in a heartbeat.

It has great mileage also and the only issue is that it is out of warranty. The one my parent's got was a 2007 so there is still a year left. Hope that helps. The car is amazing to drive. :M5launch:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts