BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've finally tracked down this damn rattling when I when over speed bumps after noticing that it got worse on a low tank of gas.

These support struts in the photos (in the center/rear) have lost their rear bolts on BOTH sides, I need to figure out what part numbers are required to get this bolted back together. Can anyone help me find the schematic for this section of the car?

Much thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the help! Man, I wonder if this has anything to do with the vibrations and steering sway I've been feeling. These look like important reinforcement bars!

I'm now convinced the dealership simply forgot bolt them back in after I they had replaced the SMG under warranty because they did me they had to drop the exhaust to get to it. That has been the only time or reason these bars would have been taken off. I can't imagine these big blots coming loose on their own. In fact I remember after that fix wondering my my exhaust got louder and more cabin drone (prob due to vibration of these loose bars) plus it was around then when I first remember that rattling over bumps or stopping quickly in reverse which.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
...I'm now convinced the dealership simply forgot bolt them back in after I they had replaced the SMG...
Another example of excellent dealer service :confused3
I've spotted a 6-series with one of those bars dangling under the car, but due to traffic could not alert the driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts