BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a meisterschaft exhaust system (sec 1+2+3) and evolve tune (handful of other mods too, but don't think it applies here). I want to keep the lovely V10 sound but extract more power.

Now dropping $3k on Jim's great ID headers is no easy feat for me (but if it really is my best option I can do it), so I'm also considering a cheaper performance alternative with Ryan's decat headers which I think are also of great quality. I should also say if I go with Ryan's decat I MIGHT also go 3.91 diff

If you were in my position, what would you do? Open to other product suggestions too, but my research has led to these two options.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
You already know my opinion. ;)

Seriously though, Ryan's work is top notch. I just installed a set in a car from NY. Your mechanic will appreciate you choosing RMS (much easier to install). Your butt and ears will appreciate ID.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You already know my opinion. ;)

Seriously though, Ryan's work is top notch. I just installed a set in a car from NY. Your mechanic will appreciate you choosing RMS (much easier to install). Your butt and ears will appreciate ID.
You both provide VERY high quality products--that's why I'm torn!
My ears are already enjoying the ID videos you and Randy posted... butt, not so much.. yet? ;)

Anyways, I think I need to make this decision myself since it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison either.
Still open to suggestions if any out there.

·
Registered
723 Posts
You both provide VERY high quality products--that's why I'm torn!
My ears are already enjoying the ID videos you and Randy posted... butt, not so much.. yet? ;)

Anyways, I think I need to make this decision myself since it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison either.
Still open to suggestions if any out there.

Personally and just my personal opinion things to consider.

1. what are going for? Sounds and or Power
2. Cost/price comparison
3. Installation Easy vs difficult

I will post a few videos of my car and let you be the judge of sound and power. Then let you maybe guess what setup you think I have my friend It may help sway your decision. I will also add that my setup has NEVER lost to another FBO E60 M5 or M6. My handle on YouTube is BKFINEST, check out my videos and runs vs fast cars including FBO F13 M6

https://youtu.be/MP_LGlFgKdo (around 1:23 listen to my down shifts) My car is the black M5 my buddy filming from his FBO M5

https://youtu.be/g0zKvQJ2pWc (around 40 sec listen to my car under bridge and take off again blk M5)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
RMS vs infinity

hmm i just made a thread about me going from rms headers to infinity..since i already have the rms set up and evolve alpha n tune..

first thing i would like to ask if what are you looking for ? sound ? or power?

if you want strictly sound i would go with rms headers they provide the v10 sound we all love while being relatively affordable ( to some they are overpriced) and paired with the tune it'll give you enough kick in the butt..

HOWEVER With infinity your keeping the same sound and are making more power. honestly i would go with infinity and its not because i bought them....the price difference between rms and infinity will be roughly 1500$ not including the labor..the labor rates are the same 1k flat from most indys.... Tubulars headers IS PROVEN TO PUT DOWN 500WHP.. while the decat set up is around 460-470whp

i would also like to add the sleeper feature of the infinity...my main reason for purchasing...keeping that v10 sound while making great power what is there to lose? your basically buying evolves proven tubular power but sounding like a v10..

·
Registered
723 Posts
hmm i just made a thread about me going from rms headers to infinity..since i already have the rms set up and evolve alpha n tune..

if you want strictly sound i would go with rms headers they provide the v10 sound we all love while being relatively affordable ( to some they are overpriced) and paired with the tune it'll give you enough kick in the butt..

HOWEVER With infinity your keeping the same sound and are making more power. honestly i would go with infinity and its not because i bought them....the price difference between rms and infinity will be roughly 1500$ not including the labor..the labor rates are the same 1k flat from most indys.... Tubulars headers IS PROVEN TO PUT DOWN 500WHP.. while the decat set up is around 460-470whp

i would also like to add the sleeper feature of the infinity...my main reason for purchasing...keeping that v10 sound while making great power what is there to lose? your basically buying evolves proven tubular power but sounding like a v10..

Great points and though I agree Lt get you power but So does my setup. I must add, I've personally beat FBO M6 with LT and I have RMS decat. Call it freak, but I've put down over 500whp with my setup and do NOT have ID or Evolve LT.

See video. Both SMG cars. I've never lost to another V10 to date with my setup

https://youtu.be/AoT5IvoEkwc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally and just my personal opinion things to consider.

1. what are going for? Sounds and or Power
2. Cost/price comparison
3. Installation Easy vs difficult

I will post a few videos of my car and let you be the judge of sound and power. Then let you maybe guess what setup you think I have my friend It may help sway your decision. I will also add that my setup has NEVER lost to another FBO E60 M5 or M6. My handle on YouTube is BKFINEST, check out my videos and runs vs fast cars including FBO F13 M6

https://youtu.be/MP_LGlFgKdo (around 1:23 listen to my down shifts) My car is the black M5 my buddy filming from his FBO M5

https://youtu.be/g0zKvQJ2pWc (around 40 sec listen to my car under bridge and take off again blk M5)

Thank you for the videos... love Delaware plates! and I'm going for both sound and power so I'd really like to see the results M//azing is working on.

Awesome, I'm really excited to see your results (any rough ETA?) and would love sound comparison videos :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thank you for the videos... love Delaware plates! and I'm going for both sound and power so I'd really like to see the results M//azing is working on.

Awesome, I'm really excited to see your results (any rough ETA?) and would love sound comparison videos :)

Another video of what FBO decatted sounds like in the Am

https://youtu.be/V0CpAcFdtWw

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey guys Id like to address this question considering I make the RMS headers lol and jcolley has already posted.

1. It is a huge price difference, $1500 is a lot of money that can also be used for say a 3.91 rear end mod
2. The vband decat headers really retain that v10 sound as you guys have stated
3. If you dont want the car to be ungodly loud go vband decat
4. I have numerous customers at or NEAR 490-500whp using my decat headers it all depends on your other mods as I tell every customer. I just had one customer pick up nearly 50whp maybe he can chime in.
5. You buy customer service, thats always been my #1 priority and you can ask the dozens and dozens who have bought from me.

It really all just depends on everything above per each customer. I had tubular headers on my personal car I took them off. I prefered the mid range punch of the oem decat setup for a street car and the sound was better. In my opinion 20whp doesnt give much if any seat of the pants feel in a 4200lb street car. Now in my 2000lb race car its insane lol. We both make great products it all just depends.

Ryan

·
Registered
621 Posts
I nearly forgot my Vband decat headers are $1250 SHIPPED, not $1650 like they used to be years ago.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hey guys Id like to address this question considering I make the RMS headers lol and jcolley has already posted.

1. It is a huge price difference, $1500 is a lot of money that can also be used for say a 3.91 rear end mod

2. The vband decat headers really retain that v10 sound as you guys have stated

3. If you dont want the car to be ungodly loud go vband decat

4. I have numerous customers at or NEAR 490-500whp using my decat headers it all depends on your other mods as I tell every customer. I just had one customer pick up nearly 50whp maybe he can chime in.

5. You buy customer service, thats always been my #1 priority and you can ask the dozens and dozens who have bought from me.

It really all just depends on everything above per each customer. I had tubular headers on my personal car I took them off. I prefered the mid range punch of the oem decat setup for a street car and the sound was better. In my opinion 20whp doesnt give much if any seat of the pants feel in a 4200lb street car. Now in my 2000lb race car its insane lol. We both make great products it all just depends.

Ryan

I agree... I've made 500 whp on my M5 n have raced and defeated a M6 EVOLVE FBO with LT.

See for yourselves guys. Proof in the video

https://youtu.be/AoT5IvoEkwc

·
Registered
124 Posts
My Infinity Design headers have come back from being ceramic coated. I will install them tomorrow. The FAMS tune alone was huge. The difference in throttle response is unreal, the car actually drives like what you would imagine a F1 inspired V10 would.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
My Infinity Design headers have come back from being ceramic coated. I will install them tomorrow. The FAMS tune alone was huge. The difference in throttle response is unreal, the car actually drives like what you would imagine a F1 inspired V10 would.

Congrats! Looking forward to your update. Which area are you located in?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
M V10 Power
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing