BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E39 M5. I recently had a S62 motor built-up real nice. I'm almost done but I CANNOT find the cable & connector that goes from the Oil Level Sensor to the engine wiring harness connector between the VANOS and just below the intake manifold.

The Oil level sensor is: 12617508003 but the cable that goes from that item to the top front of the engine and connects to a another cable is unknown to me. Please help if anyone has info on this. Thanks

[email protected]

sf

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not on realOEM.com along with a lot of electrical related items. Seems to be little info on the electrical side of things. I've even looked through TIS but that SOB is hard to find anything.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Have a look at the 540 set of pages on realoem, iirc the sensor and connector are the same but the rubber boot isn't, ours goes through 90° where the 540 is straight. I'm trying to get a new boot but can't get the number.

It's quite likely that the wire is the same too, do a reverse cross check back to the m5 on the wire, it might bring up the page but there's no visible entry in the listing but it's recorded 'behind the scenes.'

HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts