BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from the body shop after 57 days. They did a great job, but when I got the car back, the radio wouldnt turn on. I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in, and the radio turned on, but only the left speakers work. Any help is greatly appreciated. I really just want my baby back in proper form! :sad3: I really don't want to leave it with them again just for this issue.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Try disconecting the battery and leave it disconnected for a couple of hours. That will reset all the electronics.

David

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David, I'll try it tonight while I sleep. Do you think that's too long?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Ag Surfer said:
There is no too long. Hope it works!

David

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Ag Surfer said:
I had some work done on my drivers door and had a similar problem to yours, took the panel off and lo and behold stacks of speaker joints and one was out, might be the same, worth a try anyways if Davids fix doesnt help, btw David does disconnecting the battery affect the computer in any other way? I recall you said this might also be a fix for fitting new mafs to get the system to reset.
WillM5AD

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DavidS said:
There is no too long. Hope it works!

David
Well I tried leaving the battery disconnected last night, and it did not solve the problem. At this point, it's probably a physical connection issue rather than a computer glitch. Do you know if all the left side speakers are connected or grounded with a single connection. If so, can you give any advice as to the best place to start looking.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
The idea with disconnecting the battery is to reset the computers.
I know from personal experience it can fix phone, radio, nav-computer and DSP glitches.

I do not know if it also affects stored adaptations in the DME, affecting MAF related performance for example. (That suggestion was posted by a fellow member, who got the advice from a BMW Technician). If anyone has used the method for this purpose, I´d very much like to hear about it.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts