BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got new 08 LED turn signal lights with resistors and 5 amp fuses and want to install them on my 07 M6. I spent an hour today trying to remove my front turn signal lamps without having to remove my front bumper. I opened the hood and even turned my wheels to access the lights from my the back. I easily removed the two bolts from the front BUT the damn thing would not come out. There is one more screw somewhere holding it in. If anybody has done this please tell me how to take it out. I took a picture of it below...

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
you cannot remove the turn signals properly without removing the headlights to get to the third bolt. which means you have to remove the bumper. Any other way is not recommended. Completely at your own risk! Not to mention, if you are planning on using any resistors, you need to know what you are doing, and surely the folks from superluminations don't know much about how our systems work. it is quite a bit trickier than e46's, e90/92's, which is what chris (superlumination) still believes and relies his facts on. I don't claim that Chris doesn't know anything, but as to this particular project that you are trying to achieve, trust me, eventually chris stoped answering our emails because it was getting to the details where he had no clue about. Only support we had was a same repetitive answers assuming that we didn't know what we were doing. In theory, the resistor should be able to replace the bulbs postition, and trick the system for no code. but i guarentee you it is not that simple. what will happen is the codes will appear at first, and your lights will blink fast, but eventually the codes will go away for short period. due to the on board system diagnosis, it will reappear again! bmw didn't make it any easier on this one for us!

I don't know who told you that the turn signal conversion would be that easy, but trust me you need our module to work properly. If it was that easy, we wouldn't be here! :) I strongly wouldn't encourage you to do anything unless you know this stuff inside out. But again, it's your own decision at your own risk! You could potentially damage things and ruin your warrenty!

btw we were doing a little roll call of all the folks who were still interested in the group buy for the rear taillight adaptors. If you are still interested, please let us know. Thanks!

:cheers:

sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts