BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting this splitter installed. Im not so sure how though. Do we need to cut the splashguard. Its the splitter that runs under the entire front of the car. I assume its the same as the flippers though. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

thanks

josh.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

Did you get instructions with the splitters ?
No you need to cut anything. You just drill at the bottom of you front spoiler and screw the splitters in. Thats it

Im not sure about the one that goes all the way around but maybe member BRN 64666 could help you on that one cuz he has it installed on his car.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it used, so no instructions. My splitter already has the holes for the screws, but the splash guard under the car is pretty thick. Your splitters look like their flush with the bottom of the bumper. If i dont cut the splash guard, there will be about 1.5 inch gap between the splitter and the bumper. :confused: . thanks Black.

josh.

B

·
0 Posts
phillym5 said:
I bought it used, so no instructions. My splitter already has the holes for the screws, but the splash guard under the car is pretty thick. Your splitters look like their flush with the bottom of the bumper. If i dont cut the splash guard, there will be about 1.5 inch gap between the splitter and the bumper. :confused: . thanks Black.

josh.
Can you please post a photo of your splitters.

Cheers, Daniel.

B

·
0 Posts
phillym5 said:
Beastpower,
here it is.
Thanks for the photo. You have a different item from what Black M5 has installed. Black M5 has 2 front splitters, while you have an undertray front lip that Hamann calls "Front Spoiler - Competition." Your piece is 20% more expensive.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beastpower,
Any chance you can get some instructions?
Or should i just "wing it"?
I assumed it was basically the same install as Blacks flippers. But, i dont know that install either.
thanks,

josh.

B

·
0 Posts
phillym5 said:
Beastpower,
Any chance you can get some instructions?
Or should i just "wing it"?
I assumed it was basically the same install as Blacks flippers. But, i dont know that install either.
thanks,

josh.
Josh, I would definitely just wing it. If you want a clean and durable install, I would first remove the front bumper, and then make sure the splitter is screwed in from both the outside and the inside of the bumper. You can also use 3M high-strength double-sided tape to add strength to the installation.

Let me know if you want any more help with this, as I have some experience playing with the front bumper and splitters.

Cheers, Daniel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts