BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please
for some reason nothing is working and i cant get into my car. My remote wont open and the key in the drivers door wont open my vehicle. Ive tried searching for a way but cant find anything. Its pouring rain here..... Does anyone know how i can get into my car to try to boost it???

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Use the metal key in the door and turn past the threshold point then the lock will open manually. You have to turn past the 'click' then you can pop open the hood and jump.

Reactions: AWOL and BadSeed

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok got it!!!
You have to turn key counter clock wise really hard past the stopping point and it will go. Door will open! Boosted it... Damn battery discharge issue

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Ok got it!!!
You have to turn key counter clock wise really hard past the stopping point and it will go. Door will open! Boosted it... Damn battery discharge issue
Yeah lol that's why I said turn past the threshold it'll feel like it will break, but it won't. Glad you got it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thank you Sir!!! :cheers:

gotta love this forum!!
OP - Glad you got your IB beast unlocked and you are good to go.

This is truly the best forum ever! :checkeredflag: So much knowledge here, and members willing to help others by sharing this knowlege/experience so others can benefit.

If something happens to my M5, I search the board first, THEN proceed accordingly.

Bottom line: An awesome group of members here. I especially appreciate SuckaGDog, the other board "regulars" (you know who you are), and moderators whose insight and willingness to help out is invaluable.

Have a great week.

Best,

Reactions: DocsV10

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
This thread makes me want to test this out now, so I don't have to figure it out when it's raining. :haha2:
These are the type of threads that always end up costing me money. I read something cool that I want to test out, even though everything is fine, and BAM... I end up breaking and fixing something that was in good working order.
Well... I guess I should be prepared to buy another spare key before I try this and break mine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thank you Sir!!! :cheers:

gotta love this forum!!
When questions like these come up on the corvette forum that I'm a member of, it is almost guaranteed that the first few posts will consist of:

1) Someone suggesting the search function.
2) Someone suggesting to read the manual.
3) Someone using the "Let me google that for you" link.

In contrast, most queries here are responded with class. Bravo m5board.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts