BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, refreshing the trim on my car. The only part I can't seem to locate is this front center trim piece, marked part #22319895111. My googling has not really turned up any information, except that part #51112232451 seems to be the same part. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And i'm an idiot, becuse I just found a picture of the back of 51112232451 and it shows the number 22319895111. weird.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Which part is it that you are -actually- looking for ?
The part on the pictures is an US-part for cars in states where a front number plate is NOT required.
(Somebody has 'adjusted' the part by putting holes into it which are NOT supposed to be there!!)

This is how it is supposed to be used:
http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=5930
-
The part for cars WITH a front number plate is slightly different from the part on your pictures and does
only 'frame' the area where the number plate is supposed to be fitted.
-
I believe the part you are looking for (to be fitted WITH a number plate)
is = 51 11 2 230 369
-
The US-part (E34 M5 3.6) for cars WITHOUT a front number plate
is = 51 11 2 232 451 -
What you see on the back side is not likely to be a BMW part number.

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
ECS shows it as a BMW brand part. The one I currently have on my car has the holes opened up like the OP photo.
-
I did now check the part on my car.
Yes, it has the same - non BMW numbers - on the back side and yes it is prepared on the back side
to push out the two larger holes as shown on the 2nd picture above.
-
Anyway, for a car with front number plate fitted the other part (frame only) should preferably be used.
Could be a matter of opinion and is of course the car owners choice.:) :cheers:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
ECS shows it as a BMW brand part. The one I currently have on my car has the holes opened up like the OP photo.
-
Now that I checked the part and looked at the back side, I stand corrected and agree that the ECS part is most likely the correct one.
I am sorry, if I caused any confusion.:grrrr:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts