BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello M5 braintrust. I need some assistance. I've searched mightily but don't have all the answers, and some info is in doubt. Maybe you can help point me to some specific info or threads...

I'm doing a complete audio system. New HU (Pioneer NEX-4000), Janus kit, Axxess ASWC-1, and JBL MS-8. I can't find clear info about factory pinouts. What I'm looking for to complete the project is:

Question 1) Pinout for 16:9 nav screen connectors (blue one appears to have what I need, constant power, switched, ground, illumination). I want to confirm.

Question 2) Pinout for DSP amp. I have M-Audio, and am going to see if the MS-8 can push those two subs on channels 7 & 8. I've found tons of info for the non-DSP systems, but conflicting info for the M5. (My car is a 2002).

Question 3) What are people doing to connect the radio antenna? Connecting the antenna Fakra connector in the trunk to the one that ran to the screen and converting that? I could order a female-female connector to make that work. Running a new standard antenna wire to the rear? (I don't want to do that)

Question 4) Where are people connecting the ASWC-1 steering wheel control wire? I found info for connecting it to the radio harness, but since our radio is in the trunk that isn't convenient.

Thank you for any assistance!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much AGM5!

Anyone else have answers to the antenna, and steering wheel interface parts?
I read through Timmy's recent thread on his build, but it didn't go into great detail in these two areas.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrm, something doesn't seem right about those DSP pinouts, I'm only seeing 6 speakers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts