BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, basically the part under the red outline is missing on M5. I, wanna know if i should just get a new front bumper or is it another part that i can order.

EDIT: this not my car...just showing you my problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
it's another part you can order, and it's function is to protect some parts underneath, both nothing crucial. check out www.realoem.com and put in the last six digits of your VIN the look around for what you need.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I'll try to make this a little clearer. The red outline is whats missing on my bumper. Basically, it was cracked and then the whole part I outline is ripped. I think (Im not sure) I need a new front bumper Cover. I'll try to take pics tomm in the light.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Sorry, I'll try to make this a little clearer. The red outline is whats missing on my bumper. Basically, it was cracked and then the whole part I outline is ripped. I think (Im not sure) I need a new front bumper Cover. I'll try to take pics tomm in the light.
Uhh, yeah. That was too easy...you had us confused!

·
Registered
11 Posts
this was a funny post...I have some rock chips on my front bumper and a crack from when someone played bumper bully when the car was parallel parked in the street. Culprit made off before I even got there (GRRRRR!!)

I'm selling my beast now and considering the added resale value if I get the front bumper resprayed? It's velvet blue metallic, rare color, so I 'm wondering if that's going to make it more expensive for a respray and patch up of the crack? What do you guys think it'd cost for something like that outside insurance? Anyone know a good body shop near Central Jersey or near NYC?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
look up umnitza pre-painted bumpers. I just ordered a front and back, as my back bumper is cracked and I don't just want to re-spray my front bumper. I should have them installed in about 3 weeks if Umnitza's timing is accurate.

As a side note, they are going to give me a pair of carbon-black painted grills as well for no additional charge since they are already painting the bumpers (except for the cost of the grills). Should be interesting to see how it looks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If it is a clean crack you can always do a Fiberglas patch on the backside. I did that on my back bumper and am happy with the result - I did a DIY write-up (not sure how to link it)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts