BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

:1zhelp:Need desperate help! It’s time I make a decision on my mods. Hopefully with your help, I can make a finally decision by Monday. I have a 2008 White / Silverstone M6.
</O:p
Wheels: 20” 9’s front, 11’s rear. Black matte face / Chrome Lip
<O:p</O:p
  • Forgeline SP3P???
  • DPE Signature Series S10???
  • HRE 640R???
  • Zone 9???
(Pics in attachments below)

Exhaust System: Looking for a clean crisp sound instead of rumbling sound. Leaning towards Tubi.
  • Tubi???
  • Eisenman???
  • Supertsprint???
Springs: Looking to lower around 1½ inches. Is that enough? Looking for something with the comfort of stocks, not too stiff.
  • Eibach???
  • H+R???
Or any other ideas. I am getting anxious and need to order soon as possible. Thanks all!:dunno:
</O:p

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Forgeline SP3P
Tubi
RD Sport springs

Reactions: GotYa!

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
Wheels are individual preference. I think you should go with your gut.

For the exhaust, it sounds like the Eisenmann sport would be a good fit. The Tubi is nice too, and a bit louder. The SuperSprint has a lower tone, which I don't think matches what you want as well.

For springs, avoid the H&R if you want a comfortable ride. They seem to be the stiffest. Hartge is just slightly lower than the H&R and are softer riding. They should get you just over an inch down from stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dont forget the BMC filters and RPI scoops right Gabe? Otherwise that exahust will do nothing for you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont forget the BMC filters and RPI scoops right Gabe? Otherwise that exahust will do nothing for you.

I know what an BMC filter is but what is an RPI scoops? First timer for exhaust systems.

·
Registered
193 Posts
HRE 640R's are WOW! I think they would look great on a white M6 with a drop! As for exhaust, I say you should pick one of Eisenmann's systems!

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
I personally don't recommend the RPi scoops for the M6 because, despite all of the time we've spent fiddling with em, they still make more power than the ones we developed for the M5... and frankly, that irks my wife. grrrrrrr

These are the scoops (along with the BMC filters in the first picture):

They've been steadily averaging over 20 hp gain at the wheels on a rather conservative dyno (DynoDynamics dyno, 70mph fan, hood closed), about 5-6 hp more than we've been averaging with the M5 scoops.

These numbers are above the gains from the BMC filters, as we dyno'd them separately for accuracy, and multiple runs for consistancy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When you upgrade an exahust, you need to upgrade the intake too, and it works the other way, etc... click on Gabe's link in his signature for more info on the scoops and what they do.

Edit: Gabe beat me to the post with the information above ^^^.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got to have them!!! I guess I'll have them installed when I get my exhaust system. And for my wife, I’m sure she compromise for an nice handbag… ugh! mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
AC Schnitzer type V rims
AC Schnitzer exhaust
H & R sport springs

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
As for the exhaust... I think Dinan's sound is perfect. I've had the Eisenmann and now the Dinan. The rumbling sound I get is from the cams, headers and different secondary cats that I have, so don't base your results on the way my car sounds.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
155 Posts
rims i thnk your better off picking whatever tickles your fancy...i mean, it's such a personal preference thing. i have eisenmann meisterchaft exhaust along with evosport headers and it sounds great! ordered the supersprint connecting pipes but im skeptical as to whether or not to install them atm. afraid it'll be too loud. springs i have H&R and the rides slightly stiffer in all edc settings and noticeably lower...overall, i love my eisenmann exhaust and springs...sure you'll love them too!

Reactions: GotYa!

·
Banned
481 Posts
rims i thnk your better off picking whatever tickles your fancy...i mean, it's such a personal preference thing. i have eisenmann meisterchaft exhaust along with evosport headers and it sounds great! ordered the supersprint connecting pipes but im skeptical as to whether or not to install them atm. afraid it'll be too loud. springs i have H&R and the rides slightly stiffer in all edc settings and noticeably lower...overall, i love my eisenmann exhaust and springs...sure you'll love them too!
I don't understand how the meisterchaft and headers isn't too loud as is. Do you have a clip or anything as to how it sounds?

·
Registered
155 Posts
well, the perception or degree of so called loudness varies...to me it's jsut about rite, but i ordered the connecting pipes already anyways....be kind of a waste not to install them when they arrive, no?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heres a pic so you can see what the car looks like with eibach springs. To be honest I havent noticed a change in ride quality but the roads around here are pretty good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts