BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I have a 2006 E60 for about 6 months already and recently, i've been driving around in the snow without snow tires. So i've been losing traction constantly. One day, while "spinning" around in the snow, my DSC, DBC, start-off assistance, brake malfunction and tyre pressure malfunction warning lighs all came on! so i brought it to my BMW dealership and they changed the battery, saying that i have not been driving it enough. Ok fair statement but i took my beast out to the highway and again, suddenly the warning lights all came on.

What should i do? :s Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm my dealership said that its because I've been skidding around and losing traction on snow without my snow tires. So my computer system senses the wheels turning without the turning of the steering wheel. Thus, the warning lights came on. :s dont kknow how true that is.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hmmm my dealership said that its because I've been skidding around and losing traction on snow without my snow tires. So my computer system senses the wheels turning without the turning of the steering wheel. Thus, the warning lights came on. :s dont kknow how true that is.

Sounds like a shot in the dark to me.

+1 for alternator. I had an issue with mine intermittently overcharging (i.e. reaching a high out of spec voltage, then coming back down into spec) which shot the battery. When the voltage would spike, all the warning lights would come on as you described. I think peak voltage is registered onboard somehow. That's the way my SA made it sound anyway, although I didn't ask why they didn't find when they read the codes the first time. It took a test drive with a lucky occurrence for them to see it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts