BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I would welcome some help on this issue I have. "ABS Driving Stabilty" error reported on iDrive when I started the car on my way home. I drove slowly, but didn't really notice much difference in the braking, but I had no cause to slam on the brakes.

I've connected INPA (I'm not good with diagnostics) and the below errors were read, which looks like a faulty ABS pump? It looks to be a common issue with these pumps.

5DF0-Hydraulic unit pump motor” and “5DF1-Hydraulic unit pump motor connector faulty” I think is the translation. What's the underlying issue here? Anyone had experience of rebuild services? And is the car safe to drive whilst the faults are appearing?

Thanks!

E R R O R M E M O R Y -----------------------
Date: 25.09.2016 19:46:11 Model: E60 Scope: all control module JobStatus: OKAY Quantity: 34----------------------------------------------------------------- ADR Gen. name JobStatus Number of errors Error code Kind of error 00 ZGM OKAY No Error stored
01 SIM/SGM OKAY No Error stored
02 SZL OKAY No Error stored
12 DME/DDE OKAY No Error stored
18 EGS OKAY 1 Error stored 520B 08
29 DSC OKAY 2 Error stored 5DF0 E0 5DF1 E0
36 TEL/MULF OKAY No Error stored
37 AMP OKAY No Error stored
39 EDC OKAY No Error stored
3C CDC OKAY No Error stored
3D HUD OKAY No Error stored
3F ASK OKAY No Error stored
40 CAS OKAY No Error stored
41 DWA OKAY No Error stored
44 SHD/MDS OKAY No Error stored
45 RLS OKAY No Error stored
47 ANTTU OKAY No Error stored
50 SINE OKAY 1 Error stored 9D12 11
59 ALBV_FA OKAY No Error stored
5A ALBV_BF OKAY No Error stored
5B DAB OKAY No Error stored
60 KOMBI OKAY No Error stored
62 MOSTGW OKAY No Error stored
63 MMI/CCC OKAY No Error stored
64 PDC OKAY No Error stored

65 BZM/SZM OKAY 1 Error stored 9FF1 24
67 ZBE OKAY No Error stored
6D FAS OKAY No Error stored
6E BFS OKAY No Error stored
70 LM OKAY No Error stored
72 KBM OKAY No Error stored
73 CID OKAY No Error stored
78 KLIMA OKAY 1 Error stored E714 28
A0 CCC OKAY No Error stored
================================

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< READING FROM DSC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

E R R O R M E M O R Y ---------------------------------------
Date: 25.09.2016 19:42:48 ECU: DSC_87 JobStatus: OKAY Variant: DSC_87-------------------------------------------------------------
RESULT: 2 error in error memory !-------------------------------------------------------------
5DF0 5DF0 - Pumpenmotor defekt.
Error counter: 2 Logistic counter: 40
Mileage 80680 km Fahrzeuggeschwindigkeit 32.00 km/h Bremslichtschalter 0.00 0/1 Bremsfluessigkeitsschalter 0.00 0/1 ASC/DSC_aktiv (Tasterfunktion) 1.00 0/1 Bremsdruck erkannt 0.00 0/1 ABS-Regelung 0.00 0/1 ASC-Regelung (BMR) 0.00 0/1 ASC-Regelung (AMR) 0.00 0/1 GMR-Regelung (GMR) 0.00 0/1 GMR-Regelung (MMR) 0.00 0/1 CBC-Regelung 0.00 0/1 MSR-Regelung 0.00 0/1 TDR-Regelung 0.00 0/1 SDR-Regelung 0.00 0/1 DBC-Regelung 0.00 0/1 RTA aktiv 1.00 0/1 Run-Up Mode 0.00 0/1
kein passendes Fehlersymptom. Testbedingungen erfüllt Fehler momentan vorhanden und bereits gespeichert Fehler würde das Aufleuchten einer Warnlampe verursachen
Error code: 5D F0 E0 02 28 27 65 20 08 00 04-------------------------------------------------------------
5DF1 5DF1 - Pumpenmotor Stecker defekt.
Error counter: 2 Logistic counter: 40
Mileage 80680 km Fahrzeuggeschwindigkeit 32.00 km/h Bremslichtschalter 0.00 0/1 Bremsfluessigkeitsschalter 0.00 0/1 ASC/DSC_aktiv (Tasterfunktion) 1.00 0/1 Bremsdruck erkannt 0.00 0/1 ABS-Regelung 0.00 0/1 ASC-Regelung (BMR) 0.00 0/1 ASC-Regelung (AMR) 0.00 0/1 GMR-Regelung (GMR) 0.00 0/1 GMR-Regelung (MMR) 0.00 0/1 CBC-Regelung 0.00 0/1 MSR-Regelung 0.00 0/1 TDR-Regelung 0.00 0/1 SDR-Regelung 0.00 0/1

DBC-Regelung 0.00 0/1 RTA aktiv 1.00 0/1 Run-Up Mode 0.00 0/1
kein passendes Fehlersymptom. Testbedingungen erfüllt Fehler momentan vorhanden und bereits gespeichert Fehler würde das Aufleuchten einer Warnlampe verursachen
Error code: 5D F1 E0 02 28 27 65 20 08 00 04 =======================================

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this problem. The best cost effective way to solve is to remove your DSC pump and send it over to ECUTESTING in the UK for a rebuild. I did and couldn't be happier. Only issue is you're looking at 2-3 weeks downtime.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, just looking up pump removal. Do you know if I can just remove the pump without any kind of bleed process, I assume I do this after installation of the fixed pump?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the advice, just looking up pump removal. Do you know if I can just remove the pump without any kind of bleed process, I assume I do this after installation of the fixed pump?

I had a mechanic friend do it. It didn't look easy and way way beyond my very limited skills. If unsure I'd probably have an Indy do it

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

when you swap you will have to bleed it. You can use INPA to do so. Contact JColley, he can assist you with a replacement.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you swap you will have to bleed it. You can use INPA to do so. Contact JColley, he can assist you with a replacement.
Thanks, I'm planning to send it off for repair. Not done a bleed with inpa before, I plan to do this once I reinstall it.

Do you know if I need to do anything with inpa prior to taking it out? I was gonna just remove the pump and let the fluid drain into a pan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow! Literally was coming to post about my same issue. My car is currently at the shop now for this exact issue. I'm in need of a new abs module/pump! . If anyone also knows where to get both as a set plz let me know asap!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks, I'm planning to send it off for repair. Not done a bleed with inpa before, I plan to do this once I reinstall it.

Do you know if I need to do anything with inpa prior to taking it out? I was gonna just remove the pump and let the fluid drain into a pan.

nope, just remove it. The important part is the bleeding process.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack or anything and sorry but does anyone know how I can contact jcollley? I don't have enough posts to PM him

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wow! Literally was coming to post about my same issue. My car is currently at the shop now for this exact issue. I'm in need of a new abs module/pump! . If anyone also knows where to get both as a set plz let me know asap!
You should consider getting it repaired at http://www.ecutesting.com/catalogue/product/bmw_5_series_abs_pump__ecumodule_combined_amc907901.html There are some common problems these pumps for instance the bushes get stuck on occasions. They'll repair and guarantee the pump for life with better parts. The problem with buying a new pump is the issue will reoccur at some point. It's a design flaw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts